Sound card (ART tubefire 8) going tits crazy what can i do?

Panda galaxy

Hi, this is my first post so if anyone knows of a previous thread that covers this let me know and i'll look a little harder.

Sometimes while I'm recording or mixing a digital static starts to build.
The input meter on nuendo starts to peak even when there is no signal going into it.

The soundcard is an ART tubefire 8.

I'm happy to discuss that it may be a software or computer issue but i really don't think so.

Has anyone else had this problem?
It makes it impossible to record.
If I'm recording i can see by the wavefile that it has happened because its a massive glitchy looking pattern all of a sudden. The track is just noise. So, to me it seems like it's the soundcard.

I have removed the top off the soundcard because i read somewhere that it overheats (it has tubes (valves)...sigh..I'm a bass player first and everything is about tubes when it comes to bass)

I sometimes also have a line 6 pod plugged into a USB port on my computer so i can use the line 6 plugins.
But other than that there isn't much else going on.

It even happens on small projects so it may not be the RAM. But would be happy to talk about the steps i need to go through to fix it.

i checked my task manager when it happens and there are a lot of processes running but i have no idea which ones are important (i'm confessing that so you know kind of where i'm at with the inner workings of a computer)

Lastly, I may have to replace my soundcard. can someone send me in the direction of a forum that they agree with and are talking about the best and most reliable soundcards for value of money.
I already have all the software i need at the moment.

Have you tried replacing the cracked copy of Nuendo with a paid version of something more useful/affordable like Reaper? It is actually legally free to try. Not sure it will fix all of your issues, but it would be a good start. Cracked versions of software are known to create a whole new world of problems. No way for anyone to help you if you indeed have an illegal version.

Disclaimer; I am not accusing, but not to many people have access to software worth more than most peoples cars on a home recording forum, and then ask for help with low end interfaces. Not to mention how odd it would be to pay that kind of money before even knowing what the software needs in order to work it.

I'm trying to be better at promoting good values....

it is firewire clock jitter.

I paid $2500 for nuendo 2.0 with a powercore card back in 2002 how much did you pay?

also I had technical support from Steinburg for the first year I had that program....lol

Last edited:
Back