Smaller mixer than Soundcraft M8 without downgrading quality

dickiefunk

Hi. I'm looking for a smaller mixer than my Soundcraft M8 becuase I'm moving into a smaller room. I use the mixer as a master controller for my monitors, setting up headphone mixes for realtime zero latency monitoring and occassionally use the micpres for recording.
I will only need around 4 channels. I have shortlisted the Soundcraft EPM6 and Mackie 1202 VLZ3 mixers but don't know how they would compare to the M8? I would like the mixer to have as little hiss as possible and offer the best audio quality for monitoring without downgrading the sound from my Soundcraft M8. I would also like to keep the budget to £250 if possible.

Thanks for the replies. The Soundcraft M4 wouldn't be much advantage in terms of size but I do like the look of the Mackie VLZ3 1202 and Soundcraft EPM6. I've also seen mixers by Tapco and Yamaha but am guessing that they wouldn't be quite in the same league as Mackie and Soundcraft?
I would like the mixer to be as uncoloured as possible because I'm using it to control my monitors.

Back