Settings for Digitech s-100

alfugazi

Does anyone have any or know where I can find some decent settings for the Digitech
S-100. I'd like to use it for recording a female vocal. I was thinking both reverb and a slight delay. Some of settings I am using don't seem to gel.

Has anyone seemd to have any luck with a Beringer Sonic Maximazier? Would it help if I using it with a 4-track?

I appreciate your time and consideration.

Thanks.

Depending on what you wanna do, I'd used configuration 2 or 3. Make module A your delay and B your reverb (it only matters with C2, since C3 puts the modules in parallel).

Start by setting the level for the reverb to 0 and dial in the delay setting you want. Then, set up the reverb with the delay's level set to zero. Once you've done that, put 'em together and season to taste. This way, you can tell what effect is doing what while you're adjusting things.

Another good sound I think I could get from the S100 would be to set up a C-1000 a moderate distance from a corner, then chuck the S100 from the other side of the room. Should get a pretty good "room sound" ;). I just hate programming the thing... I'm always adjusting parameters on the wrong "engine" ("why isn't anything CHANGING?!?!").

Some of the reverbs aren't bad. The pre-delay often sounds too dark on my system... I usually keep it set low.

Back