setting up effects....

Spider

this is something i seem so bad at . Does anyone know of a good site that gives u a good run down on what specific effects work well with certain things?? Im using the quadraverb gt , i know its a guitar effects unit , but i would like to try and utilize this unit for things like vocal effects and use the reverb for things like a snare track... am i dreaming ??can this be done with this unit , am i just setting it up wrong ... Its just the reverbs sound so unnatural when used with something like a vocal track.. Is anyone out there using the gt for these applications ?? any help would be much appreciated .. cheers all...
spider

you can do all that on a quadraverb but the problem with them is that you have to go to the mix option and get rid of the dry signal.(as I've just said in another post) They default to 50%dry 50%wet so if you use it as a vocal reverb from an aux send you get dry signal mixed with the verb. I just don't like their verb! chorus etc are OK

I´prefer jut having delay on vocals. I depends a bit on the type of voice, but mostly delay works better. I only have Microverbs, and those reverbs aren't great either...

USING THE EFFECTS LOOP

can someone tell me why when i have my guitar and amp turned all the way down if use the effects loop on my fender m-80 amp do i get this real loud feedback sound
only when i have it completely turned down and only when i just turn it on it doesnt do this when i start to turn the amp up i se a zoom 505 by the way and also can i ever damage or fry anything by using the effects loop wrong
i know thease are probeby some stupid questions to some of you but hey u have to start somewhere
jimhoer@yahoo.com

Back