rupert neve designs 511 preamp

Btyre2013

thinking of getting an RND 511 preamp for lunchbox format, do you have any experiences with it?

it's something I'm looking at getting as a good all round high end preamp, also thinking of of the BAE 312 but it's a different kind of sound,

what 500 series pre-amps would you recommend? bear in mind I'll be using it for summing too. I record mostly acoustic guitars, and quite a bit of electric guitar too, but occasionally vocals, voice over and bass guitar.

Ben.

Maybe I'm just ignant but I do not understand the benefit of the 500 series at all. Seems to me after you've bought the box and all the pres you've barely saved any money. Plus it's more difficult to hook up, some of them have fewer capabiliities than their rack-mounted counterparts, and it's going to be a bitch to try and sell them if they become no longer desirable because you are limitied to other guys who already have the box.

So I recommend none of them lol.

Maybe I'm just ignant but I do not understand the benefit of the 500 series at all. Seems to me after you've bought the box and all the pres you've barely saved any money. Plus it's more difficult to hook up, some of them have fewer capabiliities than their rack-mounted counterparts, and it's going to be a bitch to try and sell them if they become no longer desirable because you are limitied to other guys who already have the box.

So I recommend none of them lol.

you are concentrating on only the negatives though.

Audio 73jr, Because I n my opinion, acoustic guitars sound very warm, they seam to sound thicker, Don Classics NV73...no experience with this one.

Audio 73jr, Because I n my opinion, acoustic guitars sound very warm, they seam to sound thicker, Don Classics NV73...no experience with this one.

hi I am still undecided but I really do like the RND 511 too, have you ever heard the 511 or 517 pre-amps?

the jr73 may have too much colour which is what puts me off, are 1073 preamps ever used for classical recording?

are 1073 preamps ever used for classical recording? .......That I can say,

I've heard the 511, but not 517, I liked the 511 but I already have the 73Jr....If I didn't I would buy a 511.....But I like my 73jr better..

Back