rockman of tom shoolz

Cool....but....

Next time, you think you could spell Tom's last name right? I mean it IS written right on the damn box! :)

;)

Ed

Love the Rockman. No way a Pod could ever sound like one. I started with a rockman and a cassette 4 track and have been going gradually downhill ever since.

I have a Rockman Sustainer which I found for $5. If I had found it before I bought my POD, I may not have bought the POD, as I also have a Quadraverb to go with the Sustainer.

I love mine, that's for sure. The clean setting with my strat is too cool for school.

Shailot-I had VIP tickets to see Boston two years ago and the concert was cancelled due to Tom breaking a finger. Up to that point they played Pine Knob (Clarkston, Michigan) every year. Boston is a must atend concert IMHO. Good question though...what is Tom doing?

Maybe it was the Schlitz that's got us all screwed up.

Isn't it Scholtz?

I'll have to look at the one at home - doesn't work anymore - I wonder if I can send it back to Boston to get it fixed.

I prefer Bud, but any beer will do....

What is funny about Shailats question is that many people don't even know that Bosten release a CD a couple years ago that enjoyed about 1 month of airplay here in Portland, and only one song.

I am a Boston fan. But, there last CD was unbearable. I listened to the whole damn thing and just didn't get what they were trying to say in the songs. Musically speaking, it just didn't have a flow that I am used to from them. For that matter, it just didn't have any flow at all! I didn't buy the CD because my preview of it turned me off!

I think Tom is probably trying to play "make up" with Brad Delp (the greatest rock and roll singer of all time! :) ) so they can write another CD. This time, something that actually sounds good.

Have any of you guys noticed that each Boston CD get more and more stale sounding? I think this is an example of taking technology a bit too far.

Ed (still a fan of Boston's first 2 albums, and to a lesser extent, the third, sort of....)

Actully Ed ,
I was aware of the fourth album and like you found no resembalence to the 2 first ones and didn't like it as well.

I never heard the third album "Third stage" is it worth a listen ?.

Last I heard of T.S. was that he setteled out of court with Goudreau and won the case against Epic and turned to development.
Ed did you know that Delp and Goudreau had a band called RTZ and they made a CD in 1992 ?.
And then there was a group called "Orion the Hunter" that also had somthing to do with some of the old band members.

Yea, I remember the RTZ band which stood for return to zero (right off the auto locator).

I think "Third Stage" is a decent album. I saw the "Third Stage" tour at the Marriot Center on the Brigham Young University campus. It was kind of strange to smell pot in that arena (normally used for BYU basketball and religious meetings). As you can probably guess, they don't have concerts there any more.

Hey Monty,
$5.00 for a Sustainer is a killer deal. Did you get the rack-mount tray with it? You know there was a chorus unit that was made to sit next to it in the tray.
I played through a Sustainer and Quadraverb for years.
Try running your Sustainer through the clean channel on your amp and then in to a 4x12 cabinet with either Celestion Vintage 30's or preferably Greenbacks.
Great sound.

Third Stage is worth a listen, but try to get the CD for cheap if you can. Not really worth full price, but at least worth more then their last crap.

I remember that one song by RTZ that got airplay. I liked it and was hoping it would take off......too bad it didn't....:(

Ed

I think BTO had that same problem - each album kept getting worse than the previous.

Another Scholz R & D wonder was this thing called a Power Soak. You could hook it up to a Marshall, cranked to the gills, and control the actual db output with this big black knob. It was actually an overglorified pad.

Back