Which Reverb Pedal?

shuasetter

Epiphone Pes Lawl
Hi all.

I have an epi lp standard, digitech looping station, and a shitty amp. I am having a great time just playing in my bedroom but am hurting for some reverb.

I will be getting the Vox AC4TV as my first 'real' amp (the one I have was free). and I want to add a reverb pedal.

Any suggestions?

I've heard mixed reviews of Mr. Springy reverb,

I'm wondering about Digitech Reverb pedals, any other brands. I'm looking to spend at MOST $150 but would really love to spend less than $100 if its possible (meaning not a complete piece of crap).

Thanks for reading / adding any suggestions.

And feel free to talk to me like an idiot, I'm pretty new/ignorant to a lot of the terms and technology around guitar electronics.

~J

If you're looking for a digital reverb, there are a number out there that will serve well and you have mentioned a couple. That $100 threshold is going to be a little low, though, for a most new pedals.

If you want an analog spring reverb you will spend a lot more than the $100 limit you mentioned but it will be an authentic sound, though not super versatile.

Bought my lady a danelectro "Spring King" reverb pedal for xmas. Looks cool, actual springs, plus you can kick it for that "my amp fell over" type noise. Kinda cool, and not too expensive, but I guess it's pretty limited (insofar as it's just a spring tank in a pedal).

She's also got a Verbzilla, which honestly isn't that great (hence the spring king gift). The verbzilla sounds very fake compared to her Deluxe's reverb (obviously, but it does have some cool crazy modes for making noises).

Now that we have him hooked we can sell him harder drugs I mean pedals... you ever want to try a delay pedal ?

A lot of people love delay, I'm not against it. but I don't want it yet. When I get to a point with the sound I have that I find myself envisioning a different sound, I'll look for new stuff.

I find most people go the other way around, they see cool pedals and try them out, I am trying to play and then develop an idea of a sound I want. For now adding just a touch of reverb (between 8 and 11 oclock) on the pedal is exactly what I was looking for.

The Holy Grail is great sounding pedal, be sure to use the correct power supply, though. A client of mine had one hooked to one of those pedal boards with the power built in and it was noisy as hell. We grabbed another power supply (a 1 amp one from a drum machine) and it sounded clean as a whistle.

The Boss Fender Reverb pedal is supposed to be nice, may be worth checking out...

Back