Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TC M350

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Lexicon MX200

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iancl

Looking at rack mount reverb/delay units, and these are all $199 except the digitech which is $179.

At first I was keener on DigiTech and Alesis, but the Lexicon and TC seem to be more usable. I wanna be able to quickly select stuff whenever I use it live, and the lexicon in particular looks great for that, closely followed by the TC, but I also know much less about TC, and I'm not sure how they're supported over here in Aus.

As for sound though, which are best? Are any terrible? Are any fantastic? Or is it pretty much entirely down to specs?

i've got a TC Electronic 300 which i use live. probably similar to 350 (i saw it in a shop yesterday, and mistook it for the 300) and i find it a very useful tool.

Andy.

Bump. Particularly looking for info/reviews of the Alesis Midiverb4. Any help would be appreciated. I'm fairly certain I'll get the Lexicon MX200, but it would be nice to get the Alesis too if it's gonna be decent.

I should stay away from the MX200.
With guitar, the reverbs are quite ugly, having a kind of early reflections of the lower mid, that make it sound kind of dirty, without clearness.
I didn't manage to dial it away.
If this is traditional Lexicon quality, their reputation surprises me.
It's been in my studio rack for a year, but its going out.

I like the reverbs in Boss RV-5.
Could anyone recommend a rack unit having that quality?

/Dan-Ove

That is a CD backing trax, where I recorded the vocals, and applied delay and verb with with a MX200...just a example of what it can do. Listen to the whole song, or just to the nanana's, where I lay it on thick for effect.

lexicon = ballad vocals dude, oooooooh, and keyboards, and dial down the highs on it (by putting an eq before it in the chain like in the old days) and voila, great reverb ala david gilmour's more recent instrumental album introductions with the 90s version of pink floyd.

for vocal plates, and many other things, tc is nice, but for cheap/new I'd recommend a behringer v-verb, $269 canadian new, probably less in the states (well maybe not with the canadian dollar jumping to $.96 US or whatever it was at on friday).

also yamaha verb boxes give really nice, neutral, natural, believable, forgettable reverb, ideal for many situations in a mix (drums etc).
Don

Back