reverb box

i need something like this primarily to give a very small and dead vocal booth some space ... where might i get one ?? rather cheap too ...?? cheers
spider

Personally, I'm interested in *making* one. :)

There are two types of analog reverbs: Spring and Plate.
Spring are easier and cheaper. You would be able to find one second hand cheaper than building one. I don't think they sound any good.

Plate reverbs sound much better, analog buffs claim they are superior to anything. They however, cost $5000 second hand. Building one would be cheaper, but seems hard. I'm thinking about it, but I'm only in the planning phase.

This is what I have figured out so far:

Sources of information:

Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, Vol.45, No. 9, 1997, p. 660-684:
Effect Design - Part 1: Reverberator and Other Filters
By Jon Dattorro.
This is part 1 of a three part article. If you have a decent signals and systems background already, this is a great reference! This part covers reverberator design (including a graphical plate reverb recipe) and various filters (cut, boost, low pass). The paper includes a pretty detailed analysis of filter topologies and noise, plus hardware issues. If you want to make high-quality filter designs, grab this article.

Audio Electronic, 1982
Supposedly has an article on plate reverbs.

Basic Construction:
Thin steel sheet 3’ X 6’(1/64” thin)
Enclosed in 8’ x 4’ frame
Internal pick-ups and driver.

Back in my young days (many,many years ago) I owned an
Electro-harmonix spring 'verb box. It was about $29.00.
When you opened it up it contained a 5 1/2 in metal spring
a 120 volt power supply and a small circuit board that looked like you could have made it from old Radio Wack resistors,transistors and capacitors. I don't know what my point is,but remembering this configuration gives me the
impression that a spring 'verb can easily be made.
Not my $.02 worth, as a matter of fact I owe you $.02.

Back