Replacing my Delta 1010... need suggestions!

Superhuman

Shagaholic
So my Delta 1010 soundcard has just died on me and I can't get it serviced because I bought it off E-bay from the US and I'm in Europe.
I need a new card fast and haven’t a clue where to start, here's what I'm looking for:

-Multiple analogue ins and outs (1/4 inch and xlr) so I can hook up a couple of DI's, a preamp, Eventide Harmonizer and leave them set up without having to switch cables around (as per the Delta)
-Midi in and out so I can hook up a midi keyboard and DAW controller
-I also want phantom powered XLR's (1/4" also very important)
-As close to 'zero' latency as possible
-Something not overly complicated to set up
-Rack mounted is fine, it can take the place of my Delta.

PCI or firewire?? The other alternative is to trade in my HUI and get a DAW controller Tascam or M-Audio (if this is the way to go I need suggestions!)
It was the lack of XLR's and phantom power that bugged me about the Delta, everything else was great for the money.

Just in case this is important, I'll be hooking this up to a Dell Optiplex pc into Cubase SX3, I'll be running a lot of VST's and also a UAD-1 card.

Helpful suggestions welcome and worth rep points!

I have the RME Multiface II PCI bundle. I use a PC. I have also owned the 1010. The RME is rock solid. I have never had it lock up or do anything out of the ordinary. I don't think it is monsterously better sonically, but the build and stability is solid which blows the 1010 out of the water. It is expandable to 8 more I/O via adat. THe control panel is very nice and easy to understand. I paid like $900.00 new for the bundle.

I still use 2 of the 1010s in one system.
I also use a Motu 828MKII in another it is the only thing I have Vista compatible.
I think it is a definite the step up from the 1010s but I would also think the RME would be as well?

Echo Audiofire.

+1 on the Audiofires. I have an Audiofire12 (no pres, but 12 in/out and basic metering), and an Audiofire4 (2 pre/di channel inputs, 2 line inputs, s/pdif, midi, and 4 line outs (plus the headphone output can be assigned as a separate set of line outs). Great sounding conversion.

Back