recomendations console

jmorris

I am looking for a console for running mixes through from Sonar. I am only really concerned with EQ section and general sound. In other word mic pres dont matter to me. Now excluding Neve, SSL :petc, What consoles do you guys use more mixing that have a nice sound,say 2k.

MIDAS or A&H is what I'd look at. I currently have a Ghost and it's ok but the Midas has way better sounding pres.

Really depends on your budget.

Since you aren't concerned with the pre's, keep in mind that the Midas also has a MUCH better EQ than anything I have ever heard anywhere near its price range. It will be hard to find one, even used, in your price range.

My personal opinion is that it will not be worth it to run a mix thru a $2k board.........You'll get a better sound ITB......

I must admit for the price you could do far worse than a Soundcraft Ghost - excellent value board fo the money, i sometimes mix in the box and the Ghost's EQ is way ahead of that. Sure, against a Midas it won't be so good but then that's not really in your price range? (unless they're cheaper s/h over there in the states than here in the uk)

Back