Reaper - ReaGate - Noise Gate

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
I'm using ReaGate to clamp down on some noise in very open parts of a hi gain track where I need very quick silent slops. However, later on I want the guitars to fade out into feedback and it clamps them too early.

Do you know if there is an option where you can set ReaGate to only work on certain parts of a track. The rhythm tracks were done in single takes for the whole song so I don't want to just chop them and stick the gated bits on another track if possible.

I'm using ReaGate to clamp down on some noise in very open parts of a hi gain track where I need very quick silent slops. However, later on I want the guitars to fade out into feedback and it clamps them too early.

Do you know if there is an option where you can set ReaGate to only work on certain parts of a track. The rhythm tracks were done in single takes for the whole song so I don't want to just chop them and stick the gated bits on another track if possible.

I would split the track and pull down the volume of the parts where you need to. For the slow fades you can pull out fade envelopes of whatever length you need from the ends of your edits and choose from different envelope shapes by right-clicking.

PS, don't get precious about editing tracks - use whatever tools or techniques are required. :)

You can add an envelope on the track. ReaGate allows you to put an envelope on a whole bunch of its parameters, so you can use the envelope to control the threshold, or maybe to bypass the effect

Hmmm, it's only an introductory 4 bars. Maybe I'll just move them to a new track and gate them as hard as I need to.. or maybe I'll just leave the pops and crackles in.

Cheers.

Just automate the volume. No plug, no 'split here don't there', no abrupt transition points, each has the exact rise/fall time, and depth you want where you want it.
Gating a snare or for effect with a 'thousand hits... gate.

Or you can automate the bypass switch on the gate. Enable the bypass in parts where you don't want the gate, and disable the bypass when you do want the gate.

Hmmm, it's only an introductory 4 bars. Maybe I'll just move them to a new track and gate them as hard as I need to.. or maybe I'll just leave the pops and crackles in.

Cheers.

Little spikes, noises- automate that shi.. stuff. :>) Zoom in..

Yeah, automate the threshold, the bypass, track mute too, split it, duplicate it to a new track...

Just... messing y'all now :>)

Back