RCA splitter box?

hixmix

Halibut, North Dakota
Is there such a thing? 2 in 4 out? I need to split one stereo signal into two stereo signals. I did a quick google search but couldn't find anything like it.

Thanks for for any recs.

If you have a Radio Shack near you, you may find something on the shelf or in the catalog.

They use to have a box designed to dub a stereo signal to multiple decks. I think it was called a "Tape Control Center" (one stereo signal in, routed to 3 "decks". I suspect they stil have splitter cables that you could use. Another option would be a box designed to control multiple VCR units. THese normally have 1 video in and stereo audio in which can then be routed to more than one VCR (same concept as the "Tape Control Center").

Since everything is going digital, it getting harder to find basic analog signal routing devices.

I suppose you could also use a Headphone amp as they will split a stereo signal into up to 4+ seperately adjustable Stereo Outs with amplification....

Cheers

It depends on what it's going to.

If to the inputs of an ordinary piece of audio gear: just use a Y-cable (or two Y-cables, one for the left, one for the right).

If to headphones, you'd be best off using an appropriate headphone amp. If to speakers, you open a whole 'nother topic.

Thanks everyone. I don't know why two y cables didn't occur to me. Too obvious I guess.

Back