Purchasing Rack Chassis

crimescene

Hi all, wondering if anyone has any info on where to buy blank/empty rack chassis? I have some channel strips from an old mixer that I've modified to be rack mounted - now I need the chassis to put them in. So far, the best prices I've seen are at par-metal.com - anyone have any other resources? Looking to spend about $50 for a 2U blank chassis if possible.

Thanks in advance.

I"m actually so damn poor that i end up building most of my Preamp chassis out of wood or out of other old equipment, Just for function not for fashion....

the thing with useing wood is you allways should use either shielded wire for most connections or insulate the inside of the chassis with sheet metal and ground it.....

I just racked up 4 Bogen transformer ballanced Preamps strips in a small wooden enclosure with a Regulated 24v supply useing all shielded telecom cable and though they aren"t very pretty to look at they sound very good and cost me nothing to build (I got 6 Bogen Transformer Ballanced Mic preamps with Original Signet NE5532 Opamps for $1 on e-bay) .....

:D

It's cool to recycle old boxes.

A guy at group DIY built this headphone amp out of an old box he found on a scrap yard.

DSCN2025.jpg

Pretty much the coolest looking piece of gear ever. :D

i just have one unit, but i don't like to have it sitting on the floor, so i need some advice on this one too..... i just need a single rackmount to use!

Back