Presonus StudioLive 16-4-2 Digital Mixer

GuitarLegend

Just bought this mixer without checking with you guys first, sorry :/
While I have found it great to use, does anyone have any good/bad experiences with this? Could I have made a better choice for the price?

Last edited:
its pretty good for live (because I don't have to lug a comp rack). recording is another story. the firewire works well for a while but is glitchy at some times. the converters are edgy, dry sounding and don't compress well afterwards (compare to other setups). the mic pres are very nutral sounding but lack the warmth of the analog when recording firewire. Its great to use the auxes as heaphone mixes. I'm running one right now using all my channels into firewire, then auxes into a monitor board (vocal only on the monitor board) then tracking drums (12 channels) gtrs(three channels one guy on stereo out pedal) bass (1 ch)
5 mono headphone mixes. then reamp gtrs and bass later. (aux out)

my next evolution I tried the db25's there great but record either too low or too hot for the motu interfaces I hooked up. Borrowed a SSL alphalink system from a freind (actually took the board over to his studio) and liked the result, it will be on the upgrade list for it.

Back