presonus M80

Not anymore, the early models did. Presonus will tell you there is no difference with the Jensen copy they use now . . . I actually have a unit that has Jensens in channel 1-2, and the stock trannies in the other slots, but I haven't used it in some time (studio construction and all, I'm working on wiring tonight) and I can't recall my impressions at the time I did the swap.

More critical is to drop in upgrade opamps, the slots are socketed so it's quite easy.

mshilarious said:
Not anymore, the early models did. Presonus will tell you there is no difference with the Jensen copy they use now . . . I actually have a unit that has Jensens in channel 1-2, and the stock trannies in the other slots, but I haven't used it in some time (studio construction and all, I'm working on wiring tonight) and I can't recall my impressions at the time I did the swap.

More critical is to drop in upgrade opamps, the slots are socketed so it's quite easy.

I used to have an orginal model when they first came out, but I ended up using it as part of a trade for an MCI board.

I did not think there was anything special about the M80 compared to what I was using at the time, but now that I have more experience in recording now, I probably under estimated its potential.

Back