Presonus Gear (Firestudio, Fader, MSR)

Guitardude324

Hey all,

I've been really interested in making my recording setup as portable and usable as possible. I use an M-Audio Project Mix currently. I'm a college student, looking to record local and student bands for some spare cash, but mostly experience.

I searched the forum, but didn't find too much info on the Presonus gear, mainly the Firestudio. So does anyone use this interface?

I heard that the preamps are a bit better than the ones they used in the old Firepods, which is a plus. I am a little scared that there aren't any built in pads, since my drummer likes to be loud...how hot are the inputs, would I need to purchase inline pads you think? I have a big problem with my M-Audio Project Mix, the inputs are just fucking hot and my snare clips even with no gain.

Anyways, the Firestudio also comes with a free Faderport at the moment. This would be good, since i do like the motorized faders in the Project Mix, I think I would miss those. Also, eventually I could add a Digimax for 18 or a few, for pres, which is great!

Does anyone use any of these pieces of equipment? Any advice, or suggestions please?

Edit: I use Cubase Studio 4 by the way...I've also been considering picking up the Digidesign MBox 2 Micro, eventually, IF I need to have ProTools to collaborate with other people and swap sessions, etc...

Last edited:
Well I could give you an address to another forum where several people have talked about the unit, including guys that work for Presonus, but apparently now we aren't allowed to mention any other forums so...sorry can't help ya.

We aren't allowed to mention other forums? Specific forums that are very similar to this one or ANY forums?

(Sorry for the OT post- just the first I've heard of this after being away for a few months.)

Might I be able to Google something to find this forum...or perhaps recieve a PM with the link?

That is kind of a strange rule, I don't see the point...what's wrong with sharing useful information?!

Well I could give you an address to another forum where several people have talked about the unit, including guys that work for Presonus, but apparently now we aren't allowed to mention any other forums so...sorry can't help ya.

News to me. I reference other sites all the time (especially RAP and Gearslutz) if I think that they contain helpful information. Never been a problem. Can you point me to the prohibition on mentioning other forums?

News to me. I reference other sites all the time (especially RAP and Gearslutz) if I think that they contain helpful information. Never been a problem. Can you point me to the prohibition on mentioning other forums?

It's posted somewhere in the dragon cave. I'm pretty sure dragon said he didn't want any other related forums mentioned anymore.

Might I be able to Google something to find this forum...or perhaps recieve a PM with the link?

That is kind of a strange rule, I don't see the point...what's wrong with sharing useful information?!

there's no such thing as PM either, they're just M now. ;)

Back