pres

axeman_ukl

i have a yamaha fx desk and i was looking for some new pres 8 maybe more depending on suggestions.What quality are the yamaha's pres and what should i consider to move up in quality of the preamp without firewire conection perferably just looking to go preamp connected to my soundcard (and the sound card to do the analog to digital conversion)

thanking anybody in advance for there ideas.

I can't make an accurate comment about those pres, but used to have

an yamaha aw1600 a couple years ago and the pres weren't very good.

Dont know your price range but i recommend upgrading. just picked a great

river 2 channel pre that is incredible :eek: . (they also have a 1 channel

version).here are some other fav's i have had to pleasure to listen to lately

that kick ass.

1. Pacifica a designs
2. Avalon
3. tube tech

I actually preferred the pacifica out of those three and it is the least inexpensive but of course this is only one mans opinion.

Both Sebatron (vmp4000e) and Daking (Mic Pre IV) both offer 4-channel pres at a very good price--both around $1800-$2000. The Seb can go from slightly colored to very colored. I haven't heard the Daking, but I've only heard good things about it.

For something cleaner there's Davisound TB-6 ($1700 four channels) or Sytek for about half the price.

thanks for the replies but the ones you have mentioned are a little out of my price range.
would i be better off looking at an mackie onynx 1620 mixer and conect it to my sound card via the db25 ?

axeman_ukl said:
thanks for the replies but the ones you have mentioned are a little out of my price range.
would i be better off looking at an mackie onynx 1620 mixer and conect it to my sound card via the db25 ?

Not a bad idea at all.

Back