Are the preamps doing the mics justice?

We're talking about home recording. Right?

Don't even get me started on this one!! A forum where everything from sports to ball sacks is passionately discussed, it can be somewhat confusing at times...

It is painfully obvious when something is recorded in an untreated room. Comb filtering, unwanted noise, early reflections, etc. All are huge problems when recording at home.

True. But it all depends on what sound is being achieved and type of recording. I've known people record vocals in untreated rooms and all was kosher.

If a person hasn't taken the time to understand room treatment and just slaps some bass traps on the wall with no rhyme or reason doesn't constitute room treatment. You really have to anaylize the room and see where the problems are.

Can't argue with you on this one. Well, except that you spelled "analyze" wrong... :D:D

Don't even get me started on this one!! A forum where everything from sports to ball sacks is passionately discussed, it can be somewhat confusing at times...

True. But it all depends on what sound is being achieved and type of recording. I've known people record vocals in untreated rooms and all was kosher.

Can't argue with you on this one. Well, except that you spelled "analyze" wrong... :D:D

Analyze! there! ya happy? :D

Vocals in an untreated room that come out great are a very rare exception.

Back