Preamp with S/PDIF

OhSh1rt

Who needs a 57 anyway?
I've got a Delta 66 and i'm looking to add an input to my setup (because who would want 4 when they could have 5/6?)

Around $100 or less, I'm not looking for anything stellar, my setup is pretty low end (berhinger/apex/ect..)

Infact, It doesn't need to have a preamp, just convert to S/PDIF

I've looked at the Samson C-Valve ('tube preamp'.. right..), but I'd like to know if theres any better alternatives for this lower price range.

-jeffrey

Keep in mind that if you want to get all 6 inputs of the Delta 66 working, you need to get a two channel preamp with S/PDIF. You can't get a single channel now, and another single channel later, and get them to share the S/PDIF port.

to the last one...no...i have it, and i really truley dislike it..its my primary interface, and im just not a fan.

Yeah---my bad. I don't know why I included it. You can only use the UCA202 with consumer-level -10dB (RCA) outputs, and there is no input trim on it. I really only use mine to conveniently record my vinyl LPs via my receivers tape/monitor I/O. It works wonderfully for that but I don't think that I would consider ever using it with an external mic preamp.

BTW, the UCA200 that comes as the USB interface for/with Behri Xenyx mixers is the same interface WITHOUT the S/PDIF.

The other two units I mentioned can handle a preamp signal.

Paj
8^)

Back