Pop-Filter Shoot Out

Buck62

噛んでくれ
C'mon... you didn't think I was serious, did you? :p
(But you had to look anyway, just in case!)

thanks for that recording engineer - we are currently making up a mike list and I forgot about a good pop shield - I normally land up up with a coathanger and ladies pantyhose - :D

The popper-stopper is a good one, I noticed a picture of it on your CD Buck. It's identical to the one I have.

That picture is the favorite shot of my friend who did our photos and layout. He insisted it be on the CD.
Actually, I'm glad he did.. it looks pretty cool.

Popper-Stopper is a good one, though.

CD

Which BTW, I had a quick listen and to me sounds great. I still have to listen to it at the home studio though, forgot it at work... Will post back on it.

Not much of a shoot-out. Does NOBODY use anything else than popper-stoppers? :)

Since I bought a Popper-Stopper I've seen them on TV in several professional settings, so they seem widespread.

Yeah

And I've had one in the past but the goose-neck didn't last very long. Other than that, it worked just fine. Though filters don't get much cooler looking than DPA's.

True. Cool-factor is important. And I don't really like goose necks...
How much are the DPA's?

The "Popper Stopper" is the bomb. Oddly enough though, of all the gear I've got in my studio the pop shield seems to be the first thing that catches everyones attention. If I had a quarter for every time someone asked "what's that" I be retired. It made me so self conscious that I hid the thing.

Okay, now that you have it out in the open, i'm about to buy my first one for a nt1, what about the raxxess? It sounds like you guys don't like that one. Also, what is a good distance from the mic?
Thats it !

Oh that popper stopper sounds like all the rage, must look into it. I've been cutting up on a roll of mesh screening I found layin around and using twist ties ! God help me....
I also like the round pop filter what mounts on the stand.

It seems without the filter I do less singing and more of a talking, whispering, breathy kind of vocal style. But with a pop filter, proper, I could stand on it. YEAH...

I bent a coathanger into a circle, put some black nylons over it, cut off the ends, and stitched them up using VERY small stitches. Works great, costs next to nothing, and it looks (almost) professional! :)

Isaiah

*Black* nylons! Ooo, you devil.

I tried the foam windscreen that came with the mic for a couple of songs this weekend. Plosives still made it through. You need a popper stopper.

LOL... you're right about the foam screens. They don't really work that well, but this little nylon pop screen really does the job.

Isaiah

Back