POD - like reverb in rack mounted unit

ruebarb

Does anyone know a decent priced reverb unit that has that warm reverb on it like the kind I get with the POD preamp (a la Bruce Springsteen's "Nebraska")

I need to get a couple of units for my home studio, and while I could continue using the POD (or even get a rack mounted pod) - I'd like to see what the Alesis/Behringer/Lexicon/Yahama folks recommend in terms of experience. If it can do all of that, I'm in business. Why not buy something that can do as much as possible without me having to unplug/replug in the POD.

I'm running an ADAT into a Studio 32, BTW - so that covers that.

RB

It's all about EQ

I've got an Alesis Midiverb IV which has some nice presets that you can tweak and store as user patches.It's not the most amazing 'verb out there,but for the money you could do worse.But about warmth: many digital reverb units have a wider bandwidth than that which is encountered in nature,in other words,they can sometimes have an unnatural sound because they have more high frequency information in the reverb's signal than you could ever hear in a room or hall or cave etc.So,no matter what you end up getting,look to see if it has a "high damp" parameter in it's menu,"cause this is the one you would usually tweak to get that artificial fizz out of the sound.Most anything over $150 these days should have it.Cheers!

Back