plug in rack gear?

I have a photo I took of the pump price when gas was around 0.87 dollars. I just moved back to Illinois from Houston and a motorcycle started to make sense - getting 50-mpg. This '76 Motobecane, here, can do 100-mpg on a good day

yeah cycles would work but not around here in the city. too many end up underneath trucks on the hiway, I guess sidestreets and moving closer to work. tri-cycles and skateboards....hmmm
18gallon tank for me is once week, usually 14gallon top off. so far its not too bad at only a $5 week increase.
if we go to war all that could change i suppose. if it rises to say...$3.85 again...$23 a week increase, and thats a new $92 month of beer money or Gear on Reverb......
then again staying home more and eating out less and squeezing out other things will make up the $90 month as usual.

The VST rack gear is free pretty much, or even at $150 for some. Is it so close to the $1699 piece for a non-pro HR ? probably. but are Keyboard/Synth effects as good in VST as some vintage Moog? or is it all about collecting gear and not really the sounds? I suppose the VST could start adding crackling pots and 60hz capacitor issues into the plugins after say a year or so....kind of like Windows adding viruses in their upgrades so everyone upgrades again.

The Symetrix I havent used either in 2 months is in theory pretty cool because it has the Mic mV output level instead of only Line Level....a little internal switch so it acts like a CouldLifter but much much more. It was $150 used and made of steel and hiqualiity baked on paint etc...quality built stuff not the cheap water slide and made from tupperware.

maybe gas prices fluctuate with gear prices and not presidents. whats the cost of a Reuben during the Carter era vs Trump era? and does the red meat have less carbon 14 in it?

Actually, the cafeteria in the bottom of One Shell Plaza had moist black bread and cream cheese sandwiches ...Hmmmm Some kind of sweet crude in food form. Gezz. Chili and drink at Woolworths counter had to be under a buck with counter tip.

The VST/i instruments are good enough. At RR Paul was asking about Waldorf sounds as a studio staple and I found to my dismay that Jam Hammer had been all in the box for a long time : )

I'll just toss up the; "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature" ad line

Waldorf the hotel? good rooms are important.
I usually stay at Holiday Inn but sometimes Motel 8's, La Quinta is scheduled in May. Woolworths 5&dime, now its just walgreens and wal mart..
wal mart comes to small towns and puts everyone out of business then leaves and the place is in shambles sometimes...or opportunity for amazon to send in some robot fleas to fly in and deliver a pizza. ..or everyone can just move to where theres more people and a bigger walmart than can sustain itself.

booker t and green onions can sound good in any hotel.

I'm not dropping Woolworths lunch counter. That could really hit the spot. $1, or later $2... hahah I' wasn't always a light eater (more like pig) - 4 wendys triples and fries and coke. So, I could go 5 course at Woolworths for cheap.

As far as synths go, Gary Numan says it just has to be close enough. But in my view, the virtual deserves a life of its own - use whatever it does good.

Back