plug in rack gear?

CoolCat

I was thinking when I buy ,or download for free, plugin gear 9 of 10 times its still here years later. It never goes away because well I cant sell it on Craigslist...or Ebay.

After going through maybe 20 pieces of rack hardware gear last year, maybe more, trying preamps and comps, channel strips, transformers or tubes , mics, and misc...etc.. all of the hardware is sold off and swapped for another buy or just not needed. It has value and can be sold ....because it has value and can be shipped or sold seems it goes out the door. If I add in shipping and fees its usually a loss but sometimes a unit will profit me to offset all the losses....so I will say neutral.$0.

after my gear gas search the winner was a microphone to be the main piece, the main difference.....the hardware rack gear , including some $1000 units, vs software rack gear had the software rack gear winning in the end. once the Latency was figured out and the realtime rack software gear adjusted it took the lead. with ability to save and store and place on track after track the gap in the race got even larger.

so what was left to do? compare $1600 hardware pieces to the software Rack Gear, of course.

reading some Butch Vig articles yesterday he in one mentioned in the early broke days they had all kinds of junk gear and made it work and still enjoy doing that, while in another article he was discussing his vintage gear Elvis and Frank Sinatra were rumored to have left spittle on it or at least a hi dollar romantic gas acquisition of the wealthy... like Paul McCartney buying Bill Blacks Bass.. I doubt Butch will ever top Nirvanas Never mind, every article mentions it or should. Like McCartney not being associated to being in the Beatles, Butch had that early days to the Never mind to the successful but never as energetic as 25yrs ago. now its buying SInatra vintage tube mics for a buzz instead of a junk shop piece with youthful screaming....

the point is ....I forgot the point. there is no point, maybe thats the point is to not have a point, but to just enjoy a reuben and coffee sometimes and not have a point to make.

coming soon....the pre/comp software vs $1600 pre/comp hardware.

Studio Location: Closet

SLATE VM? right...or are there free ones now on KVR?

Aphex had the Headphone thing where you could have Virtual Monitoring rooms and speakers...

you bring up a good vote for the hardware though and a real mic and guitar in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

its springtime, rotting wood and filler and paint to keep the squirrels away...or busy?
I had about 5 minutes with the SYmterix 629 and the Magic Box not yet, cool stuff.

virtual Ruebens dont work for me all the time.

I didn't know ! While I was listening to some talk on the Japanese debt market this morning, I click on Sweetwater and ended-up running by Slate VM. Ya, I though there was virtual ??? IK, was it ?

yeah my brother was singing on FM radio Friday night but no one listened to it on the radio it was more LIVE streamed to the pc's....

im not sure what radio is with live streaming, but its something. and it is a radio station but most people live stream it to their tablets and laptops so the stage lighting wasnt an issue because it wasnt streamed video I guess thats more a TV station.

i do have a radio in the car that has a pretty good reciever but I couldnt pull in the channel because I was stuck in traffic, so I tried streaming the FM radio live streaming into my smart phone but first it said I needed to download an app and the app was aborted because it was full of ads....basically I missed the show but it went well from what I was told.

sometimes we have to make decisions off what we are told, like Trump and the bombing which was supported by many but not by everyone.

I have a nuke button on the EL-9 but its suopposedly the same as 1176 ALL IN setting except theres not a group of buttons to press "all in" as its only one button, so it wouldnt make sense calling it ALL IN for one button...Nuke gets the point across.

Grabbed some WalMArt Great Value coffee 390 cups for $7.89... its all good, Columbian beans.

I tossed that CIA report that suggested Great Value has good coffee. Rumor, at the time, was that was just a NYT exposure story that was really an old op-ed in Vanity Fair several decades ago. Donny seems fine with the Kool Aid : ) Jeez, he's older than I am. Doesn't he remember Ike and JFK listening to people ? hahaha

I've got a FM transmitter in my save for later cart at walmart. Maybe, I get half caught up on winter bills by May ?

well with gas heading upwards Im not surprised when I see $3.99 in a year or two, if not sooner thats how the Oil Biz likes Repubs.
Im from the Bush state you know. Lots of Oil dollars= $$$ when the gas goes up....I think it $4+ when George jr left, then it took some time for it to drop to $1.78 on O's last lame quack session year. $2.18 now.
When it hits $2.98 the "we;re out of Fossil Fuel! scam can start up again for the Millenials. We never did hit $8 gall like the neg-vibes said it I was starting to wonder.

supposedly the college loan subprime loans is 10x's the Banking Bailout Great Recession Suprime Home Loan scam (to empty the taxpayers account we go....) bail outs to who? as Perry Mason said in Black and White..."whose to benefit from all this?" lol

Ya, I got a bj( code for bible reading) from a Midland girl on the way to El Paso by way of Lady Greyhound's busing services. The Dairy Queen on a stop had Frito Pie and our fate was sealed. I was thinking she went on to be a librarian ? I think George H was fairly busy in Harris County while I was down that way. There is some Wildcatter mentality is Texas, for sure. Texas suffered the gas lines, so it was a money play : )

well with gas heading upwards Im not surprised when I see $3.99 in a year or two, if not sooner thats how the Oil Biz likes Repubs.
Im from the Bush state you know. Lots of Oil dollars= $$$ when the gas goes up....I think it $4+ when George jr left, then it took some time for it to drop to $1.78 on O's last lame quack session year. $2.18 now.
When it hits $2.98 the "we;re out of Fossil Fuel! scam can start up again for the Millenials. We never did hit $8 gall like the neg-vibes said it I was starting to wonder.

supposedly the college loan subprime loans is 10x's the Banking Bailout Great Recession Suprime Home Loan scam (to empty the taxpayers account we go....) bail outs to who? as Perry Mason said in Black and White..."whose to benefit from all this?" lol

Well, now that we're gonna talk politics, especially biased and uninformed politics, let's just.
Under Barry Hussein, gas was well over $4/ gallon. Not a Repub in sight. Gas was also, as you say, under $2/ gal. Not a Repub in sight.
Under Dubyuh, a decade ago, gas was over $3.85/gallon, not a Democrat in sight. It was also under $2/gal Not a Democ in sight.
Are we starting to see a pattern? Only the worst observer ties gas prices to the White House. It's the cheapest form of biased complaining.

Some people are dumb enough to believe there are actually "sides" in our political system. To a point, there is. There are people WITH money and power and there are people WITHOUT money and power. Those are the 'sides', at least for now. The people that set the price of gas have the power. They also don't ever buy their own gas.

This whole Repub/Democ thing has been nothing more than Bread and Circuses for the unwashed masses. Our sole tool for taking power AWAY are the very few Constitutional measures remaining, although those are under heavy fire even now. But ignore all of that and rant about gas prices? Wow... no wonder.. whadda mess...

It's kinda like using the cheapest, grocery store mic and arguing the software for processing... then blaming Behringer.

Ponder5

haha. We could bomb around all evening with pocket change(that means coins) and coins found under the back seat. You know, sitting four abreast front and rear. I remember pushing my car into a station and finding enough under the back seat to get home.

well Ill be honest I only started paying attention since Clinton, Bush, Obama...thats when I turned into a grumpy old man and watched gasoline go up and down and phony fossil fuel excuses as my beer money disappeared into $4 gas....it was nice when it dropped below $ (Obama era)....I never really could follow Irag, Iran and Saudi and Iraqi and Iran and Suadi oil and Exxon and blahblahblah.....

just stating fact its gone up since Trumps in. coincidence....wonder why its gone up and yet used gear prices go down. except the few famous pieces.

maybe we could track the excuses why the gas goes up? I know the car insurance went up several hundred a month recently, the reason is gas prices are down so more people are driving = more car wrecks = more insurance claims= insurance monthly is going up for about everyone when theirs comes due (so I was told by a broker).

when mine went up because of gas prices being down, I called to swap companies but the kid said actually a lot of auto insurances were going up much more than mine and he couldnt beat my rates!! which had a >$150 month increase...with no claims etc..etc..

if gas goes up, I wonder if they'll lower my car insurance rates.?

maybe I can look in the backseat for change to pay the gas price increases and auto insurance increases. ha...wow?

hmmmm? bicycle....

back on subject I got my plugin rack gear for free with my interface so that makes it more fun than gasoline prices.

Ya, I got a bj( code for bible reading) from a Midland girl on the way to El Paso by way of Lady Greyhound's busing services. The Dairy Queen on a stop had Frito Pie and our fate was sealed. I was thinking she went on to be a librarian ? I think George H was fairly busy in Harris County while I was down that way. There is some Wildcatter mentality is Texas, for sure. Texas suffered the gas lines, so it was a money play : )

yeah big oil money does trickle around, the Frito Pie girl sounds more interesting. Did you buy her a Reuben?

Attachments

• Reuben.jpg
    Reuben.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 6
Oh, that reuben beats a Po Boy riding the freakin' bus. Bus was actually kinda cool back then. I think I still have a schedule from Clay Center, Ks from around '59.

I got the recent widow to run for groceries last month and I have on the list a pound of roast beef and two loaf rye. She brings back 7oz fridge pack. Geez I was already stretching 16oz. hahah

I never got the marbled rye thing, Is that for people who don't know what rye they want ?

funny...marbled rye.

I was reading the VST SLate Microphone plug thing, I dont know...I already have 30000 guitar amps in Pod Farm do I need 3000 mic sounds?

What happened with just using an EQ?

With prices dropping in CHina made and quality going up, I suppose a SLATE VMS would be slightly different than a 87 copy.
Tube mic, Tube preamp or simulated Tube mic Tube preamp or maybe a solid state that sounds like a simulated Tube mic and a simulated preamp.

maybe we wont need preamps, eq and compressors...just simulators of the simulated chain?

10 days of thrunderstorms coming...need to get some flex seal and a Reuben.

Well, with the thread title, I was imagining UA would have rack mount plugs that fit into a 2-inch square : ) I guess Mixbus 4 lets us have some of the mixer plug-in knobs right there in the plug stack. Haven't played with it.

(so I was told by a broker).
Listening to someone the sells insurance is like listening to a politician: lying AND stupid.

But I'll bow out. Can't compete with myth and legend.

But here in another 9 months or so, when gas is bottomed out again, after another cycle of speculation, we'll see what your explanation is, then, and what you blame and what you attribute it to. Oughta be amusing, anyway.

Back on subject: Maybe i'm just getting old, but there's a few things i tend to buy once. Mics is one of them. It takes so long to really learn one, and then it's so easy to modify with software, that I tend to not pay close attention to the latest stuff.

Synths, OTOH, a guy has to keep up with a bit.

Ponder5

Actually the broker was being very honest and his goal was to find me better insurance in where he gets commission.Thats what they do. They search for best rates etc. They dont work for one specific company, thats how that works.
So his input was actually very helpful and he said all the companies were raising the rates substantially overtime, or during renewals. (mine was just renewed when it shot upwards in cost).

Because he deals with numerous companys. not just one, he mentioned my increase was actually pretty low and he could not beat my policy/cost. He said some were calling in after seeing $400 to $500 increases to their insurance, where mine was only $150-$180. (Ive been with them 10-15yrs). So you are probably wrong about the broker lying.
He did say, what he had heard the reason was for increasing rates so dramatically though. the reason....gas low = more people drive= more car wrecks= more insurance claims = raise the rates. So if Gas goes up will they lower the premiums? probably not.

probably similar to all the lies of the gas prices shooting up during Bush jr years, the Fossil Fuel shortages etc, Im not interested into the huge conspiracy theorys of governments and oil and energy and ZeitGeist the Movie (on youtube) though it can be depressing.

Harold Hamm is Happy about the gas going up...
https://www.buzzfeed.com/matthewzei...r-gas-prices?utm_term=.pt5EGqM321#.epaJNQ21Lw

back off track..... $2.18....we'll check back in and see what its at by 2020-2021.

My Gear Futures Report is-
PlugIn rack gear will still be working perfectly most likely, no crackling pots or paint chips but a growth rate of 0% in value. but it was free so 0% loss.

Hardware gear.....hmm..I suspect it will go up $50 on the low end and maybe $150 up on the hi-end blue chip gear.

I dunno much about the to market pricing for gas, but I have no reason to think there is market pricing. Same with insurance. America First might mean we are paying shale oil prices : )

yeah, for me I look at it like...wtf? I have mandated car insurance. So I have to have car insuracne. I can price shop and thats about it then I pay "the man" no matter what price he asks. for gasoline I can drive all over town to save $.08 but why?, I just pay the going rate whether its increasing or decreasing, not like I can make my own.

"they" control the markets, whoever "they" are....and "they" know the little guy can whine and bitch but it doesnt matter, if "they" want to raise the rates and say its because of <enter excuse> then "they" will.

like Tony Soprano said "whatcha gunna do?"

really the DAW and free plug-ins are pretty cool in comparison to other things. unless you go the dongle $$$ route and get the HiEnd 24bit $$$$hi dollar plugs then theres some expectations.

Back