pitch shifting vocals

tc4b

Yeah I been drinkin, SO!?
I wrote this song when I was very hoarse, and now that my throat's healed I can't hit the low notes with my voice. Stupid, I know, I should know my range, but here I am. I tried singing it an octive up and then using ReaPitch to lower it, but it gets muddy. I wouldn't mind if it sounded robotic or artificial, but it's crucial the words be clearly enunciated.

Right now I'm considering just recording another metal song (how I got hoarse in the first place) and then returning to this one, but I wondered if there was a solution that didn't require me to abuse my vocal chords.

Have a guy with the voice for it do the vocal...too bad though...you sound like you have the ability to do the high notes...most metal from the 70-80s was done by tenors.

Have a guy with the voice for it do the vocal...

I don't think anyone I know can hit that low e with any authority. Best I can do is F#. I'm screaming more metal tomorrow, might as well. It's fun and afterward I get to have a cool low voice.

Of course, then I can't do falsetto for a day or so, which is a big drawback if you're reading to a toddler!:o

Pitch shifting vocals almost always results in unnatural sounding stuff good mostly for cartoons.

I recorded a tenor sax in the wrong key and lower it to make it sound like a bari and it was cool.

I've found that pitch shifting down is sometimes ok, but pitch shifting up usually sounds weird - like the Munchkins.

Allways shift down...lol...I think that when you do strings that way play the highest violin part and dont play too fast.

Back