Opinions on the Peavey 701-R Rack Mount Mixer

Can't tell for this mixer, but I own a Peavey XR® 684F amplified mixer and the preamps are HORRIBLE... I just can't make any recordings with that

lapieuvre said:
Can't tell for this mixer, but I own a Peavey XR® 684F amplified mixer and the preamps are HORRIBLE... I just can't make any recordings with that

Cool.. Thanks fro the info...

That helps! :D

The 701R is a (cheap-ish) live mixer from the 80s. I used one as a keyboard sub-mixer for live shows. I wouldn't think of using one in a studio, unless I was going for some kind of "lo-fi" sound.

DigitMus said:
The 701R is a (cheap-ish) live mixer from the 80s. I used one as a keyboard sub-mixer for live shows. I wouldn't think of using one in a studio, unless I was going for some kind of "lo-fi" sound.

Coo;l.. Thanks.. Guy I know is selling one for 50...

Just wonderin'...

Well.. Decided to take a chance on it.. Just for kicks, if nothing else..

Suppose, for a moment, that I wanted to just use this for the onboard reverb.. How should I connect and return (which place should I plugin to this thing) to get the best signal?

The manual is posted about... Thanks!

Don't worry bout that last post.. I figured everything out...

I'M SO HAPPY!! I now have outboard reverb for all occasions... :p

:D

you have an enormous reverb processor.. great job.
i'll be honest and recommend the behringer v-verb if you want outboard reverb. its gotta be the only thing that company has ever done right.

pianosaur said:
you have an enormous reverb processor.. great job.
i'll be honest and recommend the behringer v-verb if you want outboard reverb. its gotta be the only thing that company has ever done right.

Is it real spring reverb though? Doesn't look like it... This thing has the spring in it...

Back