Older Meek Pre's - good prices direct from Joe himself!

KaBudokan

Hey kids, just thought since we're always looking for cheap mic pre's and such that I'd pass along info I saw the other day.

Joe Meek is clearing out some of their older model mic pre's and a few other things from their website. They have the VC3 Pro Channel (replaced by the VC3Q) for $150, and the VC6 Meekbox for $200. These come with full factory warrantys, etc. http://www.joemeek.com - Click on "scratch and dent" on the left frame.

I have a VC3 which I am probably going to take to eBay and hopefully upgrade to the VC6 for little to no money. (Those eBay people should cover the cost I think. ;) ) I had gotten the VC3 on clearance for $174 or so from my local Guitar Center.

These prices bring them close to the budget level we all like to hang out in.

Save me a VC6 please. :)

Just when I thought I had the acute,chronic condition of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) under control you've caused me to suffer a relapse. Thanks for the heads-up!

Going fast!!!

I just got off the phone with a guy at the toll free number they have for ordering. I didn't ask what kind of numbers they have left on the VC3, but he only had 2 of the VC6's left, after having about 30 when they started. He is going to hold one for me, so he has ONE left.

They're also not open today, but he happened to be there randomly working on something.

Just thought I'd let you know. The VC3 is still a great buy at $150, so that's still an option.

Huh?

Direct from Joe himself?

Wow! That dude is pretty busy for a guy who died in 1967!!!

vc3 for $150 or presonus blue tube $150

I guess since these meeks are in limited supply, I must choose quickly. Is the meek compression in the vc3 any good. tough choice. Any input would be magical.

jet-rocker

Mono or stereo?

Well, I think the prosonus is a stereo unit, so that would be my decision maker. I like the compression on the VC3, my only complaint is that it doesn't have quite enough parameters. A button controls the attack time, either fast or slow. It is nice and fat though, and definitely adds its own character to it.

I really like my VC3, and I would keep it except I think I can get rid of it and get the VC6 for about what I sell the VC3 for. :)

If you only need one channel, I would recommend getting the VC3, but I have to say, I haven't heard the Prosonus. It's gotten good reviews from people here, so. But yes, the VC3 compression is good, "vintage" sounding optical compression.

Back