Older Equipment

GuitarLegend

It is probably a stupid question but I often see references like this on many products...

"...The Compressor 260 reintroduces the classic sound of the acclaimed compressor/limiter modules utilized by audio professionals in the late 1970s..."

Did something happen to the recording industry that saw these allegedly great products fall out of use?

Why do they have to reintroduce something that was already very good? What inferior products replaced them?

It is probably a stupid question but I often see references like this on many products...

"...The Compressor 260 reintroduces the classic sound of the acclaimed compressor/limiter modules utilized by audio professionals in the late 1970s..."

Did something happen to the recording industry that saw these allegedly great products fall out of use?

Why do they have to reintroduce something that was already very good? What inferior products replaced them?

Yeah, digital in the 80's.

I went to a clinic once that featured Chris Martin IV talking about Martin products.

He mentioned a NAMM show he attended years ago when all the synth manufacturers had huge signs proclaiming "Now Polyphonic!"

His commentary about that was that Martin guitars had been "polyphonic" for over 150 years.

Back