Now THIS is REAL customer service... FMR...

tubedude

I emailed FMR about a funny switch problem on my new RNP this morning. All I left was my email address. Mark McQ from FMR went and called all his dealers and found my phone number and called me to settle the problem as fast as possible, and wants to ship me a temporary replacement unit 1st thing in the morning so that I dont do without for one second..
Wow. Some people might call that intrusive, but this guy really means business. Very commendable.

Gain is kinda jumpy, kind of the way a scratchy pot does when you gotta wiggle it to get it full volume. The last gain setting is less than the gain setting prior to it, so I'm pretty sure I just got a bad switch. One in a million probably, but just my luck.

You Are Right!

Tube,
You are so right!
I had a question about a minor quirk on my new RNP so I emailed the general mail box of FMR. Within 1 day Mark had responded. I figured with all the stress of knocking out those first deliveries he wouldn't have the time, but I am pleased he is concientious enough to be prompt. I have tried emailing him back but my email server has been on the fritz so I am not sure my responses back to him are getting through.

Oh! By the way Three days of recording with the RNP and I'm getting more impressed
with each session! Great pre! Makes me want to get a RNC to go with it so I can ditch my DBX266s.

tmix

Quirk

The quirk I had is that on the Left channel (channel a) the small green signal light keeps flickering as though it is trying to regisiter some input even with nothing plugged in and the gain turned all the way down. I have done some preliminary checking and both channels seem to be equally quiet it seems to be some minor malajustment in the metering circuit. Once you apply the smallest amount of signal to both channels the meters track exactly the same. And as I said, I put a matched pair of CAD E-100s in them and recorded and analyzed the tracks and they appear to be matched just fine.

tmix

Yes, I also had a very positive experience the one time I had to contact FMR. The McQ's have poured heart and soul into their products, and stand behind them personally.
-kent

Not a thing. My cat chewed threw the cord of the wall wart. Mrs. McQ told me their cat used to shred incoming faxes as they arrived.
-kent

Fletcher had posted at harmonycentral.com that a (very) few of these units had a manufacturing defect. BTW.
You may want to check those threads out there.

Yeah, Mark McQ seems like a good guy and provides excellent
products-got an RNC myself.
His posts at rec.audio.pro are first rate too.

Chris

My RNP was one of the first ones sent out, and I confirmed it had the bug.

Basically, a capacitor issue... shows up on the D.I. with the gain cranked up pretty high. Nothing major.

Customer service is first rate. Beth McQ offered to overnight me a unit with return shipping, but since I will be out of town, it's coming by the time I return.

This is what makes FMR lead the pack: Great Customer Service and Incredible products. Can't wait to see their future product lines become reality.

Bowisc

Back