Next purchase...ribbon or tube mic?

killmachine said:
Hell no, I think that's a great idea both for extra income and money for studio. i was listening to that guy in a radio interview. He was saying he got started buying 5 stocks in different markets with $250 and now he's worth 1.5 mil in assets.

He also said you can get started with about $500 and buy at least 1 stock in minerals so Oil, nat gas, whatever.

I've seriously been thinking about it lately, and with that insparation I think I may.

Just remember, there is risk as well as reward, less risk and reward than the lottery offers for sure. With the lottery, millions of people loose a little at a time while a few, very few win a lot. With investment, the greater the opportunity for growth, the greater the risk. Don't fall for the get rich quick infomercials, and don't believe what you hear the "experts" predict, they are often wrong too. Last month several of them predicted a bull market with record highs this month, and it appeared that would happen, but it didn't. No one knows for sure what the economy will do, it is volatile and in the short term, you can loose a lot. I just look at the history and see that the average growth is around 10%. That includes all recessions, depressions, etc.
The past two years has seen very strong growth, around 20%, but that could reverse any time now, or increase, only God knows for sure.

My philosophy is this. I invest a small amount in high risk stuff and wait till the gains are strong, withdraw and buy toys. The retirement plan is in much more conservative funds since I will need the money and cant afford to loose it. About 10% of my income is going to retirement supplement (401k) and and additional 3% into after tax high risk funds for toys. I also have a regular retirement plan, the 401k is there to cover the failure of social security...which will see a negative return most likely.

Just save for old age first, don't count on anyone else to do it for you...and by no means trust a bunch of selfish politicians to take care of you...democrat, republican, or anything else.

Didn't mean to turn this into a financial thread....just went that way....still thinking about the mics and preamp when I pull the trigger and start the process again for next year.

Soundmind?? said:
My philosophy is this. I invest a small amount in high risk stuff and wait till the gains are strong, withdraw and buy toys.
Couldn't have said it better...

Invest enough money to purchase a GT Brick... and depending on the market performance... wind up buying an Art Tube MP or an Avalon 737..

MOFO Pro said:
Couldn't have said it better...

Invest enough money to purchase a GT Brick... and depending on the market performance... wind up buying an Art Tube MP or an Avalon 737..

So far I have a GT Brick, 2 737s, a Mindprint DTC, Presonus Eureka, and a Digimax LT, all converted with an Apogee Rosetta 800 (except the Digimax)! :D

Back