The new Torpedo Reload

dainbramage

Having two great amps (a Vox AC30 and a Heritage Victory) I find myself usually having to practice and even record through an amp sim due to living in a basement apartment with a paperthin ceiling and a family living upstairs. You can actually hear what people are talking about at normal conversation volume up there. It is that thin. I can use the amps from time to time, but not at a satifying volume. Needless to say, I am fucking sick of it. I jam out those chords through my headphones while gazing at those beautiful amplifiers which I rarely get to use. It sucks. Hardly any dynamics in the guitar, horrible response and all that.

So I was thinking about picking up a Torpedo Reload. It is a combined loadbox, attenuator, DI box with reamping possibilities. This way I could attenuate my amps and also use them late at night with headphones through a cab sim. Of course, a cab sim is not nearly as good as a real speaker moving air at all, but at least I could use my gear. And the dynamics are supposed to be much much better than just using an amp sim. I am really starting to hate those amp sims. I also think it might not be good for my playing technique.

Of course the obvious answer is get a new flat, but that's not gonna happen just now as I'm still studying and only working two days a week and there is no way I can afford anything else at this moment. One day though, one beautiful day.

So, any experience with this device? Looks pretty cool to me.

Torpedo Reload | Two Notes Audio Engineering

Last edited:
Bump....I am also considering one of these or a Palmer speaker simulator. Not sure if the Torpedo unit is worth the extra cash

I'm really considering buying a C.A.B. I've been using amp simulators because I play and record late at night, this might just be the trick for me to using real amps.

Back