New Patchbay

guitarfreak12

You know how it is, you buy something, and you hope so badly that you didn't make a bad decision. So, you ask guys like you to comment, basically to make me feel good about what I've already have plunged into.
Ok, I bought a Tascam pb-32p patchbay. It looks good, I only payed 50 bucks after shipping. Good deal I thought, but I noticed something, you don't find tascam patchbays around often, why is that? Anyone have this model and can tell me if I screwed up or not?

Is it RCA? I can't say that I've ever seen a Tascam 1/4 patchbay (not that I've looked or been around uber ammounts of gear). Though, Tascam is a fairly reputable company, I'd say either way it's a decent buy. If it's RCA though, it'll be inconvenient, but still useable.

I don't know why you don't see them more - but I've had a Tascam 1/4" to 1/4' patchbay for years and it still works fine.

mikeh said:
I don't know why you don't see them more - but I've had a Tascam 1/4" to 1/4' patchbay for years and it still works fine.

well, it's hard to find them if you google it. The UK has them. And yes, it is 1/4" in and out. 32 patches.

mikeh said:

I have 2 of 'em and just picked up a third, they work great.

You won't find much info on 'em if you google cuz they're so fricking old!

But a lot of people have them.

For super cheap, it's your basic unbalanced patchbay. Good points: super cheap. Bad points: It's proabably used, so watch out for something abused. Old, oxidized connections anyone? And most people would probably find a 48 point more useful.

Dr. Jimmy said:
I have 2 of 'em and just picked up a third, they work great.

Ditto. I haven't had any trouble with mine either. (Two years old.) My Tascam is a PB32 in 1/4 inch.

Yeah, the guy on ebay seemed to be honest, besides I'm an Electronics Technician, I can fix something that simple.....I hope.

look at it this way. its only as good as the components. you aren't going to find any difference in these types of units besides balanced or unbalanced. depending on whether you need it normalled,half normaled or de-normaled is the only real question you should ask. Tascam just hasn't made any of these for a while. I've owned the rca type + the 1/4" type. the only drag is that the tascam PB32 is not balanced.

Back