New little behringer toys

Well there are very few valid patents for analog audio circuits these days, so yeah they are free to copy a lot of stuff. Doesn't mean I have to buy it. The stuff I make is cheaper than Behri anyway :D

I have to disagree on cheap cymbals though. If you buy Behri to save money for good cymbals, that is a worthwhile trade. Cheap cymbals are just not worth it, that is if you intend to record them.

Sure, msHil, I'm with you:

nobody "has to" buy anything.
I wouldn't record brass cymbals either, but not everybody records. I know, it's the recording forum, but I was just making a point. Some people just like to play. Actually, I would even dare to say, that if you hand-pick a cheap cymbal (find one that you like, they differ considerably, I don't even like many expensive ones) PLUS you have a lot of control when you record, I'd say you could make a useable recording on a budget. A home recording. But I'm not recording :D

so if they're free to make copies, amen, I'll buy them! If I save for expensive gear, I'll just be paying for their R&D on future expensive gear I won't be able to afford! Where is the logic in that? :D

Eh, It might be better if some of you "gear heads" would answer to my other post - question about a small mixer with built-in COMPRESSOR and FX.

Thanks!:rolleyes:

Does Behringer have a R & D budget yet?
Behringer has developed and marketed some of the most innovative and advanced products in the industry: The Ultracomp and Ultracurve come to mind. The ultradyne 9024 was a true stereo 6 band multiband compressor with total control of every parameter for every band. That one is discontinued (no one could appreciate it ?)
The Ultracurve still has some of the most advanced RTA and automatic feedback control features available (at anywhere near the price).

Back