New little behringer toys

Here is a news flash man:
Just about everything you use in your life is probably made in Malyasia,Taiwan or China out of cheap parts. Your TV probably is, as well as your stereo, all that stuff is. It's just a fact of life. Get over it.

MISTERQCUE said:
Behringer, the "WALMART" of cheap, lo-end audio gear, is merely an adequate alternative for the 1st-time/part-time, recording enthusiast &/or those on a severly limited budget needing that certain processor/unit.
Behringer has successfully garnered a decent share of the audio-gear buying public by manufacturing cosmetically appealing & attractive components constructed with re-furbished electronics & circuitry on a beggar's nickle from Malaysia. Along with an overly "hyped" marketing ad campaign touting thier products as the ultimate or equal in professional quality & perf of any unit in it's category and priced at the cost of 4 Big Macs, a large fries & a hash brown, Behringer is making a KILLING profit-wise (Uli Behringer is a GENIUS) selling audio gear that is occasionally unreliable during perf with inferior parts & construction & absolutley NO originality in design.

Rather than seek and create an audio-benchmark, standard, signature of thier own, Behringer sacrifices birthing thier own original audio-tech identity
by stone-cold copying the patents and trademarks of others The argument that every-1 copies off another in some way or another can't hold a jock strap when it comes to Behringer. While some companies do copy a few features here and there of another, Behringer's blantant disregard of copyright infringment laws...- - -producing exact replications of gear made by others; using cheap alternatives & shortcuts to save on cost, has made
Beh a "walking lawsuit" (I'm considering suing Beh for pain and suffering incurred using thier PRO DSP 1000 6 yrs ago) as listed below.

Bob Mackie & Co. filed suit against Behringer's for the outright copying the design of thier VLZ line of mixers and monopolization of a certain audio retailer.

Roland Gear sued then eventually settled with Behringer over it's false assurance to industry retailers that thier line of pedals, which are straight duplicates of Roland/Boss's line, was approved and endorsed by Roland itself. Said Roland chief, Dennis Houlihan, "Behringer's replication of the famous BOSS trade dress has caused extensive damage to Roland and it's reputation, and Behringer's false claim that has endorsed Beh's unadulterated infringement is unconscionable".

QSC Audio Products has also filed a complaint asserting Behringers use of POWERLIGHT on powered lighting products infringes QSC's reg'd POWERLIGHT trademark for its amplifiers.

Finally, the FCC fines Behringer for making and marketing unauthorized
radio freq'y devices.

Folks, there are many alternatives other than Beh when you need a particular
efx/dynamic processor, pre, modeler, etc. You will read OPINIONS of those who sings it praises and those who d@mn it to h#ll.
All I can say is audition (if possible) any unit you are considering purchasing
& question how & why a co. like Behringer, can sell a 48/24 board called the MX9000 for something like 1050-1200 brand new! ;) :confused: ;)

It seems behringer rip offs anything they can. Support good competitive policies, not this take-no-prisoner-attitude marketing war.

TravisinFlorida said:
in another thread about headphone amps someone mentioned that alot of the cheaper headphone amps really crap out when running a few pairs of quality headphones. that helped me decide not to get the little behringer hp amp. i'm glad too because i got a good deal on a hp4.

The HP4 is a very solid unit and I've gotten some good use out of mine.

amra said:
Just about everything you use in your life is probably made in Malyasia,Taiwan or China out of cheap parts. Your TV probably is, as well as your stereo, all that stuff is. It's just a fact of life. Get over it.

Do some research young grasshoppa'! You are well mis-informed about the ways of the Behringer Hell machine! ;)

amra said:
Just about everything you use in your life is probably made in Malaysia,Taiwan or China out of cheap parts. Your TV probably is, as well as your stereo, all that stuff is. It's just a fact of life. Get over it.

While it is true that my Sony TV was made in Malaysia (OK, actually Mexico), I've been using it for 8 years now and it still works like a charm and has never failed me. On the other hand, the Behinger mixer I've had the pleasure of using in the past (posted about it in another thread), dropped a channel after a couple of months, is ridiculously noisy, and within the last month the right main output decided to take a crap too. This thing gets light use, and is maybe about 3 years old tops. Now I have to bring in my Yamaha MX12/4 mixer which is about 10 years old, has been extensively gigged, and has ZERO issues. I would've brought it in earlier, but the person I'm in that band with spent the money on the Behringer and out of courtesy I used it.

Ohh yeah, the Yamaha was made in Taiwan - imagine that.

So as you can see by just two examples, there is a difference somewhere in the manufacturing process between Behringer vs. Yamaha & Sony. That's a fact of life and IMO, you've provided us with a moot point.

MISTERQCUE said:
Bob Mackie & Co. filed suit against Behringer's for the outright copying the design of thier VLZ line of mixers and monopolization of a certain audio retailer.

Roland Gear sued then eventually settled with Behringer over it's false assurance to industry retailers that thier line of pedals, which are straight duplicates of Roland/Boss's line, was approved and endorsed by Roland itself. Said Roland chief, Dennis Houlihan, "Behringer's replication of the famous BOSS trade dress has caused extensive damage to Roland and it's reputation, and Behringer's false claim that has endorsed Beh's unadulterated infringement is unconscionable".

QSC Audio Products has also filed a complaint asserting Behringers use of POWERLIGHT on powered lighting products infringes QSC's reg'd POWERLIGHT trademark for its amplifiers.

Finally, the FCC fines Behringer for making and marketing unauthorized
radio freq'y devices.

LMAO.

There's always someone in the market for a cheap reproduction :(

Behringer is damn awesome just because of their blatant disregard for anyone else. "Hey, that shit looks cool; let's just go with that design and sell it cheaper! Trust me d00dz, it'll be awesomez!!!"

Hmm. I actually like the looks of the Behringer Headphone mixer better than that Samson one.

Sloan said:
Behringer is damn awesome just because of their blatant disregard for anyone else. "Hey, that shit looks cool; let's just go with that design and sell it cheaper! Trust me d00dz, it'll be awesomez!!!"

Hmm. I actually like the looks of the Behringer Headphone mixer better than that Samson one.

? It looks the same!

they are pretty smart, they have mastered the art of "copy and pasteing" inanimate objects.

Lets hope they dont get a hold of Bush ! :D

Even though I don't usually cheer at intellectual property theft, I, for one, am glad that now there's some downward price pressure on Tech21, Roland, Yamaha, Samson, Mackie, etc.

The quality will gradually improve, like on Hyundai cars (too bad price will "improve" too!).

But hopefully these other quality gear companies will wake up and start offering reasonably priced entry-level gear to the hobbyists. I'm sure that professionals don't care about spending, it's all a write-off, but some of us actually can't afford a lot of this stuff. And if I can get a useable sound out of a knockoff (being legally sold in stores), I will DEFINITELY vote with my wallet. And if buying a Chinese-made music instrument stands between my playing music and copyright laws that I'm not paid to enforce, so be it (as long as it sounds ok). And I will shop at Walmart, too! :D (but not for guitars!).

You know, cars were invented here, in America, but today certain companies do a much better job (and price) of making a car. Those "certain companies" possibly started out "copying" but gradually built-up to developing (to be copied by the original inventors - and they still can't catch up, he-he).

So even if Behringer is no future Toyota, it's quite possibly the future Suzuki or Hyundai and they have their place in the market for us poor schmoes, especially when the coming economic depression stretches our hobby budgets thin!

:cool:

I'm sure that professionals don't care about spending, it's all a write-off,

Write offs are business expenses. :( EXPENSES! They still cost the business owner money. Pros care about "spending" but they care about sound quality even more. As much as we might want, we usually can't get something for nothing. Just my $1.00-.98 and I might be a little sensitive since I just finished my quarterly report:eek::eek:.

You know, cars were invented here, in America

The automobile was invented by Karl Benz, in Germany. The condenser microphone, too (not by Benz, but in Germany).

Edit: oops! sorry, that was US, Bell labs. Darn them, they did near everything. Unless Edison did it first. But I think the Germans commercialized it first.

doesn't matter, Germans also invented the freeway, but it was mainstreamed in the US, just like the automobile, doesn't really detract from my point.

I understand about business expenses too, but when one makes a profit (a living) on the music, that FINANCIALLY justifies the expense - spending money to make money.

for hobbyists this is not an expense, but a discretionary spending. and no, I don't like un-useable equipment, but if it's useable and cheaper than the high end, i'm right there. if it's the difference between playing and not playing, i'm there (playing).

Companies that make expensive medications are very similar - they set ridiculous prices as long as they are covered by their patent. Fortunately the patents expire after so many years and everybody else is free to make the same generic formula. Now, let me at some of that "generic drug" Behringer stuff! :D

BTW, I am not complaining about gear costing money. I am just saying that not everyone has the same budget and willing to pay the same money, not just some money.

Now, for a good example here's Gibson's Epiphone. Gibson guitars are ridiculously expensive for most people, but they are often very good. So you can get an Epi Black Beauty way cheaper, maybe upgrade pickups and never envy anyone with a Gibson (hypothetically, but I've done it before). and if Gibson didn't do it, someone else would and possibly even do a better job and sell their copy cheaper. And I would be playing that guitar :D

These companies really don't stand to loose either, because those who can afford these prices, they'll still buy their Gibsons, Bosses, Tech21's and Mackies and there's nothing wrong with that, if you can. Many companies have recognized the commercial value of catering to the "low end" of the market - Fender's Squier, Ovation's Celebrity, Cymbal companies have their sheet bronze economy cymbals, etc. That makes it possible for beginners to even think about playing vs. not playing.

15 years ago when we were buying our first drumset I sure wish they had these cheap cymbals. Yes, they're not "great", but I would have kept more money, being able to buy other important stuff.

Well there are very few valid patents for analog audio circuits these days, so yeah they are free to copy a lot of stuff. Doesn't mean I have to buy it. The stuff I make is cheaper than Behri anyway :D

I have to disagree on cheap cymbals though. If you buy Behri to save money for good cymbals, that is a worthwhile trade. Cheap cymbals are just not worth it, that is if you intend to record them.

Back