New guy here needs some help! (please read)

Here is my setup. ill start with the instrument

Guitar to amp... headphone port of amp to audio buddy instrument in... output 1 to 1/8 adapter.... 1/8 adapter to GREEN line in port... sound card to acid pro 6.0.

Here is my setup. ill start with the instrument

Guitar to amp... headphone port of amp to audio buddy instrument in... output 1 to 1/8 adapter.... 1/8 adapter to GREEN line in port... sound card to acid pro 6.0.
You should just bypass the audio buddy pre if you're going to use the headphone out on the guitar amp. Either use a line in on the behringer board or the line in on the computer...

But then again... unless there are effects within the guitar amp that you can't live without... I'd suggest plugging the guitar directly into the instrument in on the audio buddy and running that into your computer and trying some of the many free VST plugins for effects... from what you've described here... that's your fastest route to decent sound... you can work on style points later.

Thanks! It works a lot better. Kind of off topic but would getting a y-splitter if i wanted to use both mics in the audio buddy be the best route to take?

Thanks! It works a lot better. Kind of off topic but would getting a y-splitter if i wanted to use both mics in the audio buddy be the best route to take?
NFW

No Way... If you need more than one pre... use the ones in your mixer... especially with phantom powered mics

Amp Buzzing...

I think a lot of that "buzzing" comes from grounding issues and inadequate power. Most shitholes I've lived in were built back when the toaster oven and clock radio were the most taxing electronic equipment a household would need. I recently put all my effects into a chain on a Furman pedal board, which comes with a power conditioner. I plug my amp into that and presto... that ground buzz disappeared. When we were recording my bass player was having the same problem... plugged that sucker in... hey presto!

Unfortunately power conditioners are expensive. But, a must have for live acts, I think, especially when playing in small, shitty clubs and bars. Who knows what they got behind that one outlet with six power surges daisy-chained off of it.

Of course, each buzz is a different beast. This may not be your problem. Just a suggestion.

I think a lot of that "buzzing" comes from grounding issues and inadequate power. Most shitholes I've lived in were built back when the toaster oven and clock radio were the most taxing electronic equipment a household would need. I recently put all my effects into a chain on a Furman pedal board, which comes with a power conditioner. I plug my amp into that and presto... that ground buzz disappeared. When we were recording my bass player was having the same problem... plugged that sucker in... hey presto!

Unfortunately power conditioners are expensive. But, a must have for live acts, I think, especially when playing in small, shitty clubs and bars. Who knows what they got behind that one outlet with six power surges daisy-chained off of it.

Of course, each buzz is a different beast. This may not be your problem. Just a suggestion.
The thing about my setup is i have a G-Dec amp.... I am not sure if anyone reading this thread is familiar with this amp but it is full of effects. You can take any effect and alter it the way you want too. It is truly the best package a guitar player can get. As far as recording goes it may not be the best thing i could have in my setup. I can put noise gates and compressors on my effects almost (really almost) getting rid of the buzz. When i turn up the volume on my computer i can still hear a little bit of a buzz. Of course me and everyone here is trying to get a sound as close to the professional recordings as we can so even the slightest buzz annoys me.

1. What device are you trying to feed
  2. From what source... mic/guitar

Well i would be recording drums with 2 microphones. One overhead and one on the kick. I know there is probably a better way to do that. I really would like to eliminate the use of the audio buddy but still kind of not sure if i should use that mixer any more. Maybe since you understand my situation a little better you can help me decide?

The guitar is working out great for me as far as recording it through acid and putting some eq on. It sounds good except for the little buzz i stated earlier in the post. I just would like to record drums now using both ports in the audio buddy. I am just confused on the best way to get both ports into one jack (line in jack on my computer)

Thanks for the help. Everyone contributing is doing an awesome job and really helping me learn a lot of this stuff at a good pace.

I am just confused on the best way to get both ports into one jack (line in jack on my computer)
The line in jack on your soundcard is a stereo connection (two mono channels)... You can probably use an insert cable backwards to feed both line outs of the Audio Buddy into the line in on the sound card. You'll need to pick up a Stereo 1/4" to Stereo 1/8" adapter...

If you're already feeding the Guitar Amp Headphone out to the line in on the sound card... then move all of your line outs... headphone out from the guitar, and line outs from the Auddy buddy, to your line ins on the mixer... then send you're line outs from the board into the computer...

None of these are your best options... in fact it's killing me to suggest these options, but they'll do what "YOU" want.

I'll not so sure I'd make a huge effort to keep the Audio Buddy included in the signal chain... I've never heard the pres on the Xenyx boards (but their modelled after a decent pre), I can't see the Audio buddy as adding much more than those.

I posted your best options much earlier in thread...

Well i took the mixer back out. I think that will be the best way for me to go. The audio buddy just does not live up to that mixer. I am still going to return the mixer though. I am getting a mild sssssssssssss sound from the mixer. I was getting a loud one from the audio buddy. Hopefully this is from the hardware and not from my soundcard. I will do some more research for mixers. If you feel kind enough to help a little more i am willing to spend upwards of 300 dollars for a mixer that does not hiss. I can go with your preamp recommendation before but i am still not sure if it will be the best thing still. Have you owned it? Thanks a bunch still!

Back