Neutrik NA3 MDF loss of quality?

Marais

Hi I just purchased TWO Neutrik NA3 MDF 9845476_800.jpg
https://www.thomann.de/fr/neutrik_na_3_mdf.htm

I'm thinking of using them for my 6-meter cables.
That is to extend by adding two more 2.5-meter cables.

Using Neumann KM 184 microphones powered by the
RME Babyface Pro (phantom power of course).

As a newby to extension cords so to speak will this affect the signal in any adverse way?
If so I will just use the 6 meter cables with no extensions.

Thanks for any help!:thumbs up:

Are you mounting the NA3 MDF's in a panel which is what they are intended for? XLR cables will plug together by themselves without the need of an 'adapter' such as this and so long as the pins and connectors are clean and the wires are securely soldered to the lugs within the connectors there should be no degradation of the signal.

Thank you! As I'm new to "extension cords" so to speak, I was misguided by the salesman this morning at the audio store. My mistake as they sell mostly guitars and not pro audio people.
So i guess I'll make a rack one of these days with the doodads.
Really many thanks!

Take them back to the store. XLR cables just plug into each other in order to extend them. They are directional, but the male side of one will plug into the female side of the other. Anyone who has ever plugged in a microphone should know that, the salesman either misunderstood what you were asking or he purposely sold you something you didn't need.

In fact they didn't sell me anything. They told me that I "needed an adaptor" and they were out of stock. So i ordered them from Thomann in Germany (I live in France). Not very expensive.
You live and you learn.
But I'm always so surprised in these music stores where they sell sound cards like the Babyface Pro and cables how incompetent the people are.
I also instinctively thought of just plugging one into the other.
Just test drove it and works like a charm.
Out of $20 for the experience; whatever I'm sure the Neutrick doodads will come in handy...

Thinking about it, I'm sure they misunderstood you. It's easy to misinterpret a question when the answer is something really basic and obvious. Unless they were able to determine your level of understanding, they probably thought you were trying to do something more difficult and out of the ordinary.

I'm thinking of using them for my 6-meter cables.
That is to extend by adding two more 2.5-meter cables.

As a side note: You can have up to about 100 meters of microphone cable when using XLR connectors before you notice any deterioration in sound.

Back