Need a good expounder for 500$ or less

firby

What do you got ? My Efex expounder that I bought from musicians friend 10 years ago bit the dust in a lightning strike. I just booked a shitload of buisiness from a company that does voiceovers for books on tape. This guy is SUPER baritone and I need another expounder. I can't seem to find these anywhere.

The Efex expounder was ok but had a brittle top end and sometimes too much sibiliance. I cant afford a Lexicon and a fairchild is completely out of the picture.

Any help ?

Regards.

expound
verb expounded, expounding

1. To explain something in depth.

Thesaurus: elucidate, explain, explicate, describe, interpret, set forth.
intr
2. To talk at length about it.

Form: expound on something (often)
Derivative: expounder
noun

Etymology: 14c as expoun: from Latin exponere to set out.

Thats a nice expounder !

Holy cow. Maybe I can rent it.

Thanks man.

I still wish these were around more often. I don't see how you can ever go wrong with a quality desser or expounder in this line of work.

is "expounder" the product name (like "compellor" or "dominator") for a product that combines different dynamic features? is it a combination of an expander and compressor (and/or eq/deesser)?
if you're basically looking for a expander (kind of like a noise gate) and a compressor in one, i'd check out the safe sound p-1. it has a great pre, compressor, limiter and expander, you can probably find one used for less than $500 (i did) and it's designed for broadcast/vo work. it also makes a great pre for vocal/instrumental music-- very clean and relatively "transparent" compression and limiting.

I believe it's a product name, not a generic term. I've never heard the term used, FWIW.

Oh, and my mother used to collect firbys.

Back