need assistance about equipment specs

grecoUSA

I hope homerecording.com is my key to success b/c I have little understanding how to record my music. I wonder is there anyone in hear that can help me get a clue about what digital mixers are hot!!!
By the way this is my first time chattin' hear so be nice.

Are you really really new? If you're just budding a good entry unit might be the Fostex VM04 digital mixer. It's a very small four track with onboard digital effects built in. I'm sure that you could do worse than cut your teeth on this unit which goes for a mere $99.99.

That is, if your really just dipping in a toe for the first time and want to spend as little $$$ as possible.

;)

HOw about this

I do have a 4-track analoge recorder that my drummer and I use to record our jam sessions but we do want to improve. We have both read a reference manual "Home Recording" trying to get a better grasp on the ideals of DAT and analog recording. From what we have gathered, we would like to upgrade to a more user frindly, yet mid advanced digital recording unit.
I have done some research on the Korg D8, and I have found out that it works fairly well until one starts equiping their studio with Digital or MIDI mixing softwares. I just wander have you used the D8 and if so what other products out there could you compare it to?
Thanks for your reply.

Back