Nay, did you ever build the Paia comp?

hallway9

Greetings,
I've been reading the posts for some kind of feedback on Paia gear but to no avail. Just wondering if you ended up getting the Paia (I'm looking at their tube mic pre) and if so are you pleased with it?
Be well

Whut up.
I cant give you any advice on the Paia Tube Pre, but I know I have looked at it in the past, and would be interested to hear what others have to say about it.

I have purchased from them before, I bought a Mod Box kit, supposedly a distortion pedal...actually I bought 2...the first one got jacked.

I cant say this was the greatest purchase I have ever made. I found it insanely difficult to get working, and once it was working it was really iffy...on one minute off the next, although it did sound all right. Finally I come downstairs one day and the damn thing wont turn on....it just went. I took it to school for some electronics open house and it got swiped, so I couldnt try and fix it. So I bought another one to try and see if I could make it better, and this one was a real bitch...it just wouldnt work.

Thats just my experience with Paia.

Hey, thanks for your comments. Maybe I should try something a little less ambitious from them first. If and when I do I'll post my .02¢.

Good idea. Their preamp does look reasonably complicated, that was one of the factors that lead me to their Mod Box instead.

Nope never did... I found a used Behringer Composer for around the same price at a local music shop. I'd still love to try some of the Paia stuff but between work and class... oh yeah and a girlfriend I don't have time or money. If you build one though let me know how you like it.

Heha PAIA....This brings me back to being a teenager and poring over Popular Electronics magazines in the '60s (yeah so I'm a geek).

Anyway, you got me interested enough to look at their website. The Tube preamp doesn't look all too cool to me. Particularly the plate supply being derived from an oscillator with a voltage tripler...ah fun I guess, but don't think I would consider it real quality stuff.

Back