Name the Gear in this Rack

junplugged

Taking the slow road
nice stuff.... WSJ article from Thursday sept 6., she's on the cover. Article basically said that major labels are marketing to make their artists look indy, when they ain't. this looks like a pretty "major" rack, and i'm sure this is only 5% of it...

Attachments

• wsj girl in studio - major.jpb.jpg
    wsj girl in studio - major.jpb.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 197
It's all expensive stuff. Since I can't see the picture when I'm typing this, I'll have to do it from memory.

I saw:
2 Distressors
2 1176's
1 LA2A
A couple old DBX somethings
2 GML EQ's
and a couple other things that I recognize, but can't think of the name right now.

Nice rack, but I can't tell what's in it....too much fabric in the way.

Yeah, I was trying to come up with something clever along those lines, but the best I could come up with was "I don't know, but I'd like to get my hands on that rack." I decided I didn't want the reputation that would come with saying that, though. :D

Who is she, anyway? (Not that it matters.... I'll never meet her in a million years.)

she's a rich girl from CA who complained that she got on the cover of the Wall Street Journal b/c the writer didn't glow about how great she was, she missed the point that he was making which is that the major label she was on made it seem like she was an unsigned indy in an orchestrated marketing campaign to get grass-roots attention to her.

but i could, and anyone here also could tell in 2 seconds that the clips on her myspace page were produced and slick, not indy or unsigned in any way. name is Marie Digby.

so gee, here's one of her pics she posts, or they post of her in this little 'indy,' 'home,' 'unsigned' studio, uh huh... which is why we see the gear, but most of us probably don't have all those racks in our indy, unsigned, home studios.

from the top left:

dunno

ITI/Massenburg Parametric EQ's (probably the first parametrics ever marketed)

Distressor

Neve 33609

DBX 160

DBX 165A

LA-2A

dunno

right rack:

dunno

Drawmer DS-201

I forget

I love these attempts to project an image that its bad to use the right stuff, that its somehow closer or more emotional to just churn out crap...not to say it COULDNT be good if done cheaply, just that somehow its more "real" if done in the alleged way the indies and the "seattle" myths are marketed

she's a rich girl from CA who complained that she got on the cover of the Wall Street Journal b/c the writer didn't glow about how great she was, she missed the point that he was making which is that the major label she was on made it seem like she was an unsigned indy in an orchestrated marketing campaign to get grass-roots attention to her.

but i could, and anyone here also could tell in 2 seconds that the clips on her myspace page were produced and slick, not indy or unsigned in any way. name is Marie Digby.

so gee, here's one of her pics she posts, or they post of her in this little 'indy,' 'home,' 'unsigned' studio, uh huh... which is why we see the gear, but most of us probably don't have all those racks in our indy, unsigned, home studios.

Yeah, I've read a little about her. The whole scenario is lame, but I guess it was only a matter of time before a major went this route.

Back