My Tampa Arrives But.....

Did this change?

I looked at the two Tampa's that were sold on ebay recently, one which I suspect you got. One shows a picture with a power supply which is not an M-Audio one and it doesn't look like the one you have, the name on it is "ONTOP". Was that the Tampa you won?

Good luck with the new power supply....

Thanks.I Bought it on June 15 And the listing doesn't show any picures of the Power supply.Here is the Link of the Listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...em=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&salenotsupported

I wouldn't have found it with what he had for a title. Probably why there weren't any other bids. You got a good deal if you can get it working.

Below is a picture of the one I saw and the power supply with it looks like a one used for a laptop similiar to what you got.

I Saw the Tampa First in Auction with A correct Title ,Starting Bid at $150 plus $13 For Shipping i contacted the seller asking him for a buy it now and he told me $175 plus Shipping=$188 He Relist it for $188 BIN With A Different Title.I Know it was a very good deal that's why i am doing everything for it.

Hope you don't mind if I drag this thread a little further.....

After seeing the power supply on the ebay listing that looks like one for a laptop (and not the one you bought) and is likely a DC supply, I'm wondering if the Tampa could possibly could work with a DC supply.

1. When you had plugged in the power supply you recieved, did any panel LED's come on, either the one for the +48v or for the compressor section?

(if the answer is no to the above proceed no further)

2. What did you try for a mic? I assume it was a studio type mic that needed +48v phantom power. If it has a low ouput, as someone suggested, maybe it won't deflect the VU meter.

3. Did you try it with the compressor switch in and out?

4. There are two XLR jacks on the Tampa rear panel. One is for "Balanced Output" and the other is "AES/EBU Out". The AES/EBU is a digital output which will have no audio. Any chance you may have mistakenly jacked into that one? The one that will have the audio is closest to the center in the back.

Thanks,when i plugged in Only The VU Metters Light and the power light turns On,BUt not the Red light on the Compressor.(On and off,no light)
I was using my KSM 27 And yes, the Phantom Power was on,I also plugged a 1/4 Cable With My Bass and nothing ,I was using the Balanced Output on the rear panel.

It is deffiniteley the Power Supply.

(Sorry for my english,is not my main language but i am trying:confused:)

It works!!

I received the Power Supply From M-Audio/Digidesign And it Works Perfect.It is a Great Sounding Pre! Better than My Twintrak and The Eureka.
Thanks Everybody for the Support and Opinions.

Back