My Tampa Arrives But.....

davidguevara80

Always Online
I Bought A M-Audio Tampa Last Week On the Bay.. Today Arrives to the Town but is not Working.I am Connecting The Device into My MOTU 828MKII Thru The Analog XLR Output,The Mic in the Front Panel The Power is On, the +48V is On,The Mic Switch is On, But NO Input Signal, The VU Level Doesn't Move at all.I Already Connect my Mic into My Twintrak and it Works.

Could Somebody Help me? May be i am Doing Something Wrong With it.

If The unit is not Working i'll get the Money Back from the seller but i Really need one Of this Pres,If you have one and you want to get rid of it Let me know.

Thanks

Dude...I've got a Tampa and the VU meter doesn't move that much. I usually run it with the 20 boost on and generally up in the 3:00 position......ish.

When you've got the headphones on, how's it sound? Gettin much level? The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of make up gain. Other than that, a pretty damn good piece of gear for the bux.

Dude...I've got a Tampa and the VU meter doesn't move that much. I usually run it with the 20 boost on and generally up in the 3:00 position......ish.

When you've got the headphones on, how's it sound? Gettin much level? The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of make up gain. Other than that, a pretty damn good piece of gear for the bux.

I know that is a Great Pre.I was reading A lot Before Buy it.No Input Signal
At all.

I Tried with the Impedance in 2400,1200,600,300,With the +20dB on and Off.And Nothing.Do you want to sell yours??

I know this is a dumb question, but have you switched out the mic cable (the lead, as the British say)?-Richie

Mmmm...I Tried The Same Set Up: Mic/Cable in/Cable Out With My Twintrak and It Works but not with the Tampa.

Sometimes, you can just get 2 XLR connectors that don't match up- especially if they were made in different countries. Just for jollies, try a totally different (different brand) mic cable. I've found some cables that won't work with Russian mics, etc. Not all XLR's were created equal. It probably won't work, but it shouldn't cost a lot to try it. Even if you don't have one handy, you always need an extra mic cable, right?-Richie

Power Supply.......

Do I have the Correct Power Supply? Probably The Seller Sent me The Wrong One.

Attachments

• DSC04266.jpg
    DSC04266.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC04267.jpg
    DSC04267.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC04268.jpg
    DSC04268.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 106
Here is the replacement one. It does not look like yours. This one is 12 volts AC output. What does the one you have say?
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/PowerSupply12AC35Amp.html

Yeah, the one on The website looks totaly Different this one says: "Swithching" Power Supply and doesn't have the M-Audio Logo.
I hope that i didn't Screw it up Connecting the Wrong Power Supply.I want to put it in a repair center but i want to make sure that I don't have the Worng PS.

So if you have a Tampa and your PS looks Different than mine let me know.

Can you post what the output of the power supply says? Is it 12 volts AC or DC? Also what does it say about the amps? I think I see 3 amps but I could be wrong.

I think he sent you a laptop power supply, that's what it looks like. I can just make out a DC graphic. So you have a 12 VDC instead of a 12 VAC supply.

I would go to radio shack and see if you can pick up a 12 volt AC one with 3 amps.

As I stated before, contact the seller and do this first. Make him aware of the wrong power supply and that it may possibly have damaged the Tampa. Be sure to document any correspondence you have with him in the event there is a problem. Buying an adapter may work, but if the Tampa has something fried due to the wrong voltage, you might be out the cost of the adapter.

Where did you read this? It should say this on the Tampa by the power jack.
"It is an AC "

Even looking at the adapter you can see the DC (+) and (-) polarity marking on the output connector diagram.

I agree. I think it's 12 VDC. The graphic looks like a dotted line which is DC and AC would have a sine wave graphic.
Putting 12 VDC into the Tampa will not fry it. The Tampa uses a bridge rectifier to change the 12 VAC to DC. Putting 12 VDC into a bridge rectifier does nothing. I have mistakenly done this before. Have you contacted the seller? Maybe he just put the wrong power supply in the box.

I agree. I think it's 12 VDC. The graphic looks like a dotted line which is DC and AC would have a sine wave graphic.
Putting 12 VDC into the Tampa will not fry it. The Tampa uses a bridge rectifier to change the 12 VAC to DC. Putting 12 VDC into a bridge rectifier does nothing. I have mistakenly done this before. Have you contacted the seller? Maybe he just put the wrong power supply in the box.

The Seller weas very Friendly,he offered me to reinburse the money,but MAN those Pre's are very rare to find.He Told me that he will find the Power Supply,By the way he told me Yesterday that he was recording with it Before Post it on Ebay and it was Eorking So he SHOULD have it.
He Told me too that if i want to repair it he would Cover ANY Repair Costs.

Back