MX400/rme multiface II & S/PDIF connection

Sibanger

Hi! I'm a newbie, so sorry about lame question. but-
I have a multiface II 400 and I am trying to connect a lexicon mx400 reverb unit via s/pdif connection.(I've never used S/PDIF before)
I have disabled the mx400's internal clock, but the reverb unit tells me that it is not synced to external clock. (which I presume is my multiface).
What do I use in the DSP settings? At the moment I have 'Clock mode' on "master" & "pref sync ref" on "S/PDIF in".
Any advice would be great thanks.

At the moment I have 'Clock mode' on "master" & "pref sync ref" on "S/PDIF in".
Any advice would be great thanks.
I don't know this unit... (I'm assuming the Lexicon, you were a bit vague there) but it sounds like your giving it conflicting directions... telling it that it is the source for sync... and at the same time telling it to look for sync from outside the unit...

Is there an option for Slave under clock mode? That should do it.

Or if it's the RME... then change the pref sync ref to <internal> (if available)

Thanks Mofo Pro for your reply.
Yes, the reverb unit is the lexicon mx400. (sorry for being vague)

After writing a detailed essay for your assistance, I stumbled over a simple oversight. The plug was in the wrong input in my multiface.
Woops.:o
It's weird, but the lead comes out of an input(mx400) and into an input(multiface). I had it going from output to an input. Logic sometimes doesn't help.
Oh well, I'm learning:)

Thanks again for your reply Mofo.

Back