multieffects processor

Nilbog

hello
I'm looking into buying a new fx unit. I was looking at the s100, but it seems kind cheapy (havent heard it yet, though). I did find a used Digitech 256xl for $99. Any other ideas? Has anyone used either of those units? I'm looking for something in the sub $200 range. Obviously reverb is a must, and I would like a pitch shifter.
I also have another question..err..two.
What is a vocoder?

What does +24 or -12 semi-tones on the pitch shifter mean? That's what the s100 says.

-Nilbog
Thanks

I own the Behringer DSP1000pro and at $130.00
it is a great bargain.The 'verbs are smooth,
and airy.It also has various L/R controls for adjusting each verb,chorus,flange etc.
in .5 increments.And it also has the vocoder.
The vocoder effect is produced b usually plugging in a keyboard and using a mic.When
singing into the mic along with the keyboards
it produces an almost robotic sound.Similar to what Stevie Wonder and/or Chaka Kahn used on "Tell Me Somethin'Good! For it's price I find the Behringer a pretty decent DSP.

im using the alesis quadraverb GT ... it seems great for guitar , although i seem to have some trouble setting up things like a simple reverb for a snare track , things like that .. same with vocals , i dont seem to be able to set up any decent vocal effects on it .. Is this because the GT is specifically for guitars????
It was priced well at $250 AUS. second hand .. nice unit though..

I would hazard to guess that the +24 or -12
means you can adjust the pitch shift up to
plus or minus 12 semitones from the original
pitch. Just a guess.

i reckon the digitech studio Quad4 is real value for money - you get four in four out that can be assigned as stereo in/out x 2 i.e. 2 reverbs - Mono in stereo out with 4 proccessors etc It has pitch change, chorus - flange- reverbs etc
Check it out at
http://www.digitech.com/products/productpgs/quad4.htm

In my opinion it pisses on the quadraverb which defaults to 50%Dry 50% wet and you have to go through each effect and change it which is a pain in the A

[This message has been edited by John Sayers (edited 07-22-2000).]

I realize it adjusts the pitch in those semi-tones, I just dont know what a semi tone is. Is that like a half step, or something?
Also, does the behringer have a pitch shifter?

Digitech DSP 128 And DSP 128plus Are awesome used multi fex . They are very close to Yamaha SPX-90. I have 2 of each. About 100 to 120 dollars usually, you wont be dissapointed.

Back