mic pre into mic pre???????

dean666

daaaammmmm my bird was pissed with me last night. came across this FANTSTIC site and its helpful forum buddies. and well you no, had to quietly sneek in the bedroom at sunlight before she awoke for work. anyway enough of my maritial situations.

so can i say go from a pre amp to and effects back out to another pre amp??

i'm thinking of getting an 'BEHRINGER ULTRAGAIN ADA8000' i can use it as an 8 in/8 out interface (it has pre amps and all that) as long as i use an ADAT soundcard. my worry is a i want to use outboard effects and processors, how do i say, connect a compressor to individual channel as it has no inserts?
i'm thinking, mic into mixer with pre amp, into an effect, then into the ADA8000 so i can take an output to my souncard.
does this make sense????? or am i complecating things?

and guys, please don't keep me here all night again

What kind of bird do you have? Is it a parakeat? A Cockateal?

And why was it pissed at you?

And why do you want to use two preamps? Getting bored using just one?

sorry guys i'm english, bird = women/misses/her indoors/girlfriend etc.

as for the pre amp question, i'm not to sure how to use outboard effects when going thru an interface with know inserts.
so if for instance i took my mic signal thru a preamp anto say a compressor, could i then come out of the compressor into an interface/converter out there into my soundcard?

are there easier ways?

I'm seeing all these fresh newbs coming out of the woodworks. Happens all the time around the holidays. It's like feeding time. :D :D

Dean, you're probably going to need some sort of mixer. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, because it sounds like you're just going to be using it for routing.

And that thing about the birds is kinda' sick. I might be forced to call the humane society. :D

A bird is a bird is a bird. That's proper English. And a bloke wot has a bird is birded up.

My bird sings, so she's a warbling bird.

That's cleared that up then:)

i can confirm it's proper english and also that i'm a newb on the board. however i'm a student and i have deadlines so i don't feel like i'm on a holiday.

that said, my bird is not a bird nor a ho, not a chick nor a bitch. no, in fact she's actally quite nice so i use nice words.

words not like behringer.

garry, i'm learning u have to be careful what u say on here - whisper the word behringer and they won't carve up your innards and feed them to gear snobs. openly ask about whether to buy some behri stuff and...well...let's just say i sing at a different pitch now...

noisedude:D :D

Back to the original topic, there's an article in this month's Sound on Sound about making a Doors album, where they fed a signal from pre to pre, pushed and pushed the gain until one of them disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Prob'ly weren't Behri's tho...

I've got a Behringer DEQ2496 ultracurve, it sounds fine in the application I use it in. No big deal it has digital I/O so its clean to my ears. :)

But the dbx386 preamp I have has an 'effects loop' so you can do what you want in there. I had an RNC1773 and an EQ in there for a bit but I didn't print anything with it. From time to time I want to limit the peaks if I use the analog outs - but the digital side has a digital limiter (impossible to get an 'over' on this one) so there's usually nothing in the effects loop.

kylen

dean666 said:
...so if for instance i took my mic signal thru a preamp anto say a compressor, could i then come out of the compressor into an interface/converter out there into my soundcard?

So the ADA8000 has no provisions for line level inputs? Not even input pads that would do that?
Wayne

Back