Mastering and mixing hardware

Snupii

Hello guy, i have scarlet 2i2, rode nt1, voice live touch 2 and monitors and headphones.
is there a hardware like this picture 30ku43a.jpg
what this really do? is that like mastering on software? i can set the volume of instrumental and vocals on this? and what else?
and what would you recommend me for my home studio
sorry for my bad english and thenk you!

Help to define your needs

Hello guy, i have scarlet 2i2, rode nt1, voice live touch 2 and monitors and headphones.
is there a hardware like this picture View attachment 94768
what this really do? is that like mastering on software? i can set the volume of instrumental and vocals on this? and what else?
and what would you recommend me for my home studio
sorry for my bad english and thenk you!

The picture is of a mixer or Console. Yes this will allow you to adjust the levels of your instruments and vocals, as well as add FX, and change EQ.
If you are just doing your voice and an instrument, a 4 channel board will do. If you are dong several vocals and or instruments, you might want to go with 8 channels.
See what interface cable is needed for your computer software (i.e. USB, Firewire, etc) and make sure the board you choose has it.
Assuming english is a second language for you, I would look online for things in your native tongue, as audio tech-language can be very confusing if your not familiar with the abbreviations etc. See what other people have done with similar setups and what they would have done different or if they know a board that is right for you.
Look at some 4-8 channel mixers from companies like Mackie, Yamaha, Behringer, to name a few, and see what fits your needs.
Hope I have been of some assistance, good luck.

First he/she would want to be sure you even needed a mixing board ('console) !

You can (and most of us do-do... all of that in software.

If you have recording software then it can do almost anything that piece of hardware will do. The difference is that the mixer in the picture is meant to connect to other hardware while your software contains digital versions of that mixer and most of the other important gear. If your recording system works for you then don't worry about this kind of hardware.

Back