Mackie 24-8-2 trobleshooting

Rolf Fiesel

I have this mixer and just today ... I got channel 14 static is comeing out of it.. I sprayed contact foam cleaner to the volume strip it self and cut the static in half.. only when full gain is applied u can hear a bit of static.. or is 14 on it way out Thanks for all the help !!!

Well.. Don't know if you're just getting into this and just getting exposed to it' or..?
But here's what happens when you Google 'mackie' and 'ribbon cables';

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...mages&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=&gws_rd=ssl

The last time I resorted to picking the front end of the 8-bus' up -and dropping it to get through the session! (And that is WITH the cables done.
I have a 1620 for PA- that one - the newer Onyx' version!-also crackled and cut out on the mains intermittently - That is until I threatened to put it in the shop- or take it to the shooting range.. It has apparently 'seen the light'. We'll see :rolleyes:
:)
So, at any rate this is pretty old news. A little research will turn up lots (opening, cleaning, re-seating etc) They're fine versatile bang for the buck mixers- otherwise.

Mmm. Or sometimes just a good quick 'whack from the snare channel passing through the rig will 'clear things up too ..for a while

Back