Looking for a harmonizer

Talldog

Pain in the ass
I'd like to get some tight harmonies for a project I'm on and the talent isn't really there. I know this is a cop out but these are a a bunch of 9 yearr old girls (my daughter and her friends). Here's the fun part, I'm totally analog so computers won't work. I need it to be able to work without a midi input of the chord I want. Any ideas?

I own a TC Electronic/Helicon Voice Prism Plus and a Digitech Vocalist - I've worked with a few others (but never had an opportunity to work with the Eventide).

My opinion - these are not a magic fix to provide glorious harmonies that sound absolutely realistic. In particular in a recording environment (although they can really fatten up a stage performance - if used well).

For recording, they work best to supplement actual harmonies (as an example - two part harmony with real voices - say the melody and the 5th, and the harmonizer provides a 3rd or 4th).

The ideal application is to have maybe three real voices and them have the harmonizer double those voices to provide a more dense harmony.

I've been working with harmonizers to fill out vocal harmonies in the studio for the last ten plus years - and I have not yet found a way to make them sound real on their own (but they can thicken up and supplement real harmonies done by real voices).

Voices are best recorded on seperate tracks for harmonies....the best use of these things are those nice slow guitar solos that made those Queen and Starship songs so cool.

Back