Looking for 1/2U blank rack panel.

RawDepth

Has anyone ever heard of a blank rack panel that is only 1/2 space or maybe 1-1/2 spaces?

I have this oddball piece of equipment in my rack that is 1 and 1/2 spaces tall. (Not 1-1/2 inches, but spaces.) I know most 1U rack gear is 1-3/4 inches tall. This old piece measures 2-1/2" tall and 19" wide, making it an inch short of being 2U. I cannot shift the rest of the gear up or down because the holes won't line up.

What to do? :confused:

RawDepth said:
Has anyone ever heard of a blank rack panel that is only 1/2 space or maybe 1-1/2 spaces?

I have this oddball piece of equipment in my rack that is 1 and 1/2 spaces tall. (Not 1-1/2 inches, but spaces.) I know most 1U rack gear is 1-3/4 inches tall. This old piece measures 2-1/2" tall and 19" wide, making it an inch short of being 2U. I cannot shift the rest of the gear up or down because the holes won't line up.

What to do? :confused:
paint a piece of thin luan or plywood black, pre-drill some holes, and voila.

or, maybe someone out there sells them. i've never seen them though

Search for rack trays. Just what it sounds like - A tray with rack ears. They're riddled with blank holes for mounting gear to the tray (although you may have to drill some of your own to line 'em up).

Massive Master said:
Search for rack trays. Just what it sounds like - A tray with rack ears. They're riddled with blank holes for mounting gear to the tray (although you may have to drill some of your own to line 'em up).
Oh no! Perhaps you misunderstood my post.

My problem is not with mounting the odd piece of gear. It has its own rack ears and mounted up easily. My problem is in filling the 1" gap it left in the front of my rack. A 1U blank panel is too big for the gap.

Back