Lexicon MX200 Dual Reverb Effects Processor

69 SG

Banned
This is what kills me trying to get the most effective equipment for the buck.
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--LEXMX200

This thing costs more than the used Tascam 488MKII that I have coming.
I've got a couple of stomp boxes that I can patch into the effects 1&2 sends.
But lets face it what are they going to sound like>>>CRAP MAYBE??
Ibanez FL9 and a Korg Tone Works/Ampworks for reverb/delay
Beam me up Scotty

I have the MX200...if you want to know is it worth the money, yes. I've had this unit since it first become availble and it has some impressive sounds. I've tried using the VST and couldn't get it to work on my system, I hear this is fixed now, but I can't really comment. The processor has alot of different verbs, delays, etc all sound good, if I were to buy another or first one, I'd get the MX400 (newer model) especially for live use. It is all Lexicon and with the adj parameters and settings makes a great asset to any rack for the money.

Thanks
It looks really functional.
And fairly easy to understand.
The effects send 1 and 2 on my 488MKII
Can get routed to a Delay on 1 and a Reverb on 2
Right?

You really can't go wrong with Lexicon products IMO. I recently replaced my old Quadraverb with an MPX-1 and I've been pretty happy with it so far.

We also have the 200 and granted it's a budget FX unit but really has some nice algos and no glitches so far.

Thanks
It looks really functional.
And fairly easy to understand.
The effects send 1 and 2 on my 488MKII
Can get routed to a Delay on 1 and a Reverb on 2
Right?

69SG, the unit is plug and play right outta the box, nice pre sets. The 488MKII is a 4 track cassette tape deck...right? I had a MKIII I gave to my youngest son, great 4 track tape deck, and actually had 6 channels to record...I used mine for writing song ideas.

Yes you can route the effects send/return on the recorder from the MX200 and it works awesome, plus the MX200 has some presets for compression, de-hiss etc that work. As said, it is a budget processor, but you get your moneys' worth...the MX400 has 4 processors in one, way cool...one for each channel haha, good luck.

MX200 Shipped

Alright!!
I Went to zZounds and ordered a 'B' Stock MX200 $169.95
No shipping or sales tax that saved me $50 compared to locally bought.
They Claim that 'B' stock might have a cosmetic blemish or was one
used for a demo.
I really don't care since they still have a 2 year factory Warranty.
Anyone did this?

I bought one from GC for $125 used. No problems with it, its in great condition.
I also bought a b-stock microphone from fullcompass a while back, and again, not problems at all, maybe a scratch here or there, but still looking basically perfect. I assume your MX200 will arrive in roughly the same shape.

I just got an email from zZounds.
The cancelled the order due to not available.
Ok lets check GC out.

I have a MX200 and I find it a bit on the noisy side. Well actually it is the nosiest piece of equipment I have. I would place right up in the Behringer
noise emission level. Have not tried the MX400 yet so that might be the way
to go.

I have to use a 2nd computer with XP to allow me to use the VST as there
is no support for Vista yet.

Back